The Department of Architecture is housed in the Engineering Building on XJTLU’s North Campus, along with the Departments of Urban Planning and Design, and Civil Engineering.
The Department has dedicated studio spaces with swipe-card access for each programme and year of studies. Students also have access to numerous computer labs across the University campus – those located in the Engineering Building are equipped with built environment-relevant and general software, which is installed and upgraded annually.
Additionally, students have access to:
- Modelling and construction workshops, which include Trotec Speedy 300 laser cutters with a bed size of 726 x 432mm and cutting and engraving capabilities, soldering stations and a range of timber working tools: bench drill presses, small thickener, disc sanders, circular saws
- Large-format poster plotters
- A3 colour and black and white printers
- Dedicated, professional grade A3 scanners
- Environmental science laboratory
- Photography studio.