Applications are invited for teaching assistant (TA) positions in the Department of of Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE) at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU). The TA positions in CSSE are open for all qualified interested graduate students (Masters and doctoral students) on campus of XJTLU or other graduates in Suzhou. Applicants are required to provide their CVs and academic transcripts of previous studies. A high sense of responsibility is essential for this post. All applications will be considered by the recruiting panel which consists of two or more academic staffs in the Department.
TA duties include:
XJTLU postgraduate research (PGR) students
- Laboratory demonstration and support for practical work in the classroom
- Attendance on and support with field courses
- One-to-one or group tutoring
- Language teaching
- Delivery of occasional formal lectures within their area of expertise after having received appropriate training and initial supervision from their supervisor or the respective Module Leader. Such training might be provided by individual departments, the relevant cluster or the Education Development Unit (EDU). Relevant health and safety issues should be covered in this training
- Marking of formative assignments with appropriate training
- Marking of summative assessments with appropriate training. PGR students must never act as the sole examiner on any summative assessment; any work that has been marked by a PGR student MUST be included in the sample provided for internal and external moderation.
XJTLU masters students and graduate students (postgraduate research and masters) from other universities
- Tutoring or lab demonstration
- Scheduled office hours for one-to-one tutoring
- Assistance in marking of formative assignments, reports, quizzes, etc. with appropriate training and guidance. For marking of any assessment that contributes to the final module mark, the Teaching Assistant may only perform mechanical marking tasks as supervised by the Module Examiner, not marking tasks that involve academic judgment.
- CSE003 Fundamentals of Computer Programming
- CSE101 Computer Systems
- CSE103 Introduction to Databases
- CSE105 Introduction to Java Programming
- CSE107 Fundamentals of Computer Science
- CSE201 Database Development and Design
- CSE203 Decision, Computation and Language
- CSE205 Introduction to Networking
- CSE207 Software Engineering I
- CSE209 Computer Graphics
- CSE301 Big Data Analytics
- XJTLU doctoral students RMB 50/hour (after tax)
- XJTLU Master’s students RMB 40/hour (after tax)
- Graduate students from other universities RMB 40/hour (after tax)
How to apply
Applicants should submit their application to [email protected] by 27 August 2018 at the very latest. The interview is expected to be arranged shortly after with decisions made within 2 weeks after the interview.