IBSS is based on strong principles of internationalism, innovation, inspiration and integrity, which together ensure that the School has a positive impact on society through its teaching, research and business engagement. Cross-disciplinary partnerships within IBSS in research, learning and teaching enhance the opportunities for students and academic staff alike.
“IBSS is an established business school with international accredited credentials in teaching, research and corporate engagement. It is ideally situated in Suzhou's industrial park (SIP), at the heart of Jiangsu's economic growth and development region, and is one of the most prosperous areas of China."
Professor Hossam Ismail, Interim Dean
IBSS offers a diverse international business outlook with around 30 nationalities represented amongst our more than 125 academic staff members and professional support staff.
- Serving more than 4,500 students on more than 20 academic programmes of study
- Academic staff with impressive track records of proven business expertise across the subject fields of management, economics and finance
- Combining the best of both East and West in all our business solutions
- Located within Suzhou Industrial Park home to 4,700 foreign enterprises (including 100 Fortune 500 companies) and some 18,000 Chinese firms
- Proximity to China’s mega-commercial centres of Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing and Wuxi
- World-class academic founding partners: University of Liverpool and Xi’an Jiaotong University
- International Advisory Board comprises of senior executives from world-class companies.
The Business School Management Team (BSMT) consists of:
Professor Hossam Ismail, Interim Dean; Head of Division, Management & Director of Research
Dr Bing Wuberberich, Associate Dean of Learning and Teaching
Dr Xiaoming Ding, Director of External Relations and Internationalisation
Dr Juann Hung, Director of Planning and Engagement
Dr Peng Cheng, Head of Division, Accounting and Finance
Dr Eddy Fang, Head of Division, Economics
Pinpin Jiang, School Manager