In 2013, International Business School Suzhou joined the global initiative Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), articulating the School’s commitment to practicing sustainable development.
Our mission reinforces the School’s responsibility to promote societal sustainable development by strengthening our innovative learning and teaching model, our leading-edge research and our deep engagement with businesses and organisations.
Our work in this area focusses on six key principles:
- Develop the capabilities of students to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society at large, and to work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy
- Incorporate into our academic activities and curricula the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in international initiatives such as the United Nations Global Compact
- Create educational frameworks, materials, processes and environments that enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership
- Engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances our understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental and economic values
- Interact with managers of business corporations to extend our knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges
- Facilitate and support dialogue and debate among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organisations, and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
For further information, please see our Sharing Information on Progress report.