Applications are invited for teaching assistant (TA) positions in the School of Film and TV Arts at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU). The TA positions are open for all qualified interested graduate students (Masters and doctoral students) on campus of XJTLU or other graduates in Suzhou. Applicants are required to provide their CVs and academic transcripts of previous studies. A high sense of responsibility is essential for this post. All applications will be considered by the recruiting panel which consists of two or more academic staffs in the Department.
TA duties include:
XJTLU postgraduate research (PGR) students
- Laboratory demonstration and support for practical work in the classroom
- Attendance on and support with field courses
- One-to-one or group tutoring
- Language teaching
- Delivery of occasional formal lectures within their area of expertise after having received appropriate training and initial supervision from their supervisor or the respective Module Leader. Such training might be provided by individual departments, the relevant cluster or the Academic Enhancement Centre (AEC). Relevant health and safety issues should be covered in this training
- Marking of formative assignments with appropriate training
- Marking of summative assessments with appropriate training. PGR students must never act as the sole examiner on any summative assessment; any work that has been marked by a PGR student MUST be included in the sample provided for internal and external moderation.
XJTLU masters' students and graduate students (postgraduate research and masters) from other universities
- Tutoring or lab demonstration
- Scheduled office hours for one-to-one tutoring
- Assistance in marking of formative assignments, reports, quizzes, etc. with appropriate training and guidance. For marking of any assessment that contributes to the final module mark, the Teaching Assistant may only perform mechanical marking tasks as supervised by the Module Examiner, not marking tasks that involve academic judgment.
- Analysing Communication
- Digital Media and Video Production
- Journalism: Theory and Practice
- Media Management
- Perspectives on Visual Media
- Media Ethics
- China and The Digital Revolution
- Communication in China
- Digital Media and Production.
Pay rate for academic year 2017-18:
- XJTLU doctoral students RMB 50/hour (after tax)
- XJTLU masters' students RMB 40/hour (after tax)
- Graduate students from other universities RMB 40/hour (after tax)
How to apply
Applicants should submit their application to [email protected] by 20 August 2017. The interview is expected to be arranged afterwards.