The Academic Enhancement Centre works with academic departments to provide tailored support, as well as generic training programmes. The AEC also organises the annual Learning and Teaching Colloquium, as well as administers various teaching awards and funding.
Our core aims are:
- Providing support to academic departments by facilitating the enhancement of learning, teaching and research activities
- Providing instruction and coaching on teaching best practice
- Leading on the development and implementation of technology in the virtual and campus-based classroom
- Encouraging innovative pedagogical practice and facilitating dissemination of good practice through various engagements and initiatives in learning and teaching
- Managing funding for learning and teaching activities
- Engaging on a wider footing with key internal and external stakeholders.