The Physical Education Centre's mission is to provide innovative health and fitness courses that foster collaboration and serve the campus community, enhancing the educational experience and developing students through sport. The Centre teaches values and problem-solving skills through students’ participation in recreation, intramural activities, club sports and intercollegiate competitive athletics.
The PEC encourages students to cultivate their interest in sports, to improve their physical abilities and to develop the habit of exercising regularly. The Centre believes that exercising can help support students’ active learning, as well as helping them to relieve stress and form friendships.
PEC teachers are also welfare advisors for Year One students, forming part of the University’s overarching support system.
- Develop standard PE course teaching processes to help students understand better fitness and health
- Improve teaching team resources to upgrade PE teaching quality
- Enhance teaching management regulations to secure safety
- Effective management of facilities and equipment
- Organise broad sports activities and provide support to various sport clubs
- Conduct the annual National Student Fitness Test and military training and complete data collection.