Join us for an EU/EURAXESS-sponsored workshop that will explain how researchers in China can apply for support under Horizon 2020, the EU's Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The Workshop will feature representatives from EURAXESS, an EU-funded initiative supporting researchers' mobility and collaboration between Europe and China, raising awareness about the European Research Area.
Visitors from the EU Delegation in China and from the embassies of certain countries based in the EU will also participate.
The event should be of particular interest to researchers from PhD students upwards in most research fields (incl. social sciences and humanities), who wish to pursue research within Sino-European research networks, as well as for research-related professionals from universities, research institutions or funding agencies.
- 9:30 – 9:45am, Welcome by Professor Youmin XI, Executive President of XJTLU
- 9:45 – 10:00 am, Introductory remarks by Dr Laurent Bochereau, Science Counsellor EU Delegation to China and Mongolia
- 10:00 – 10.10am, Presentation Austria – Opportunities for bilateral research collaboration, Peter Schintlmeister (Embassy of Austria)
- 10:10 – 10:20am, Presentation Denmark - Nina Espegård Hassel (Innovation Centre Denmark, Danish Consulate Shanghai)
- 10:20 - 10:30am, Presentation Netherlands – Taake Manning (Counsellor for Innovation, Technology & Science, Embassy of the Netherlands)
- 10:30 – 10:40am, Presentation Spain – Carlos Quintana (Head of CDTI China)
- 10:40 – 10:50am, Presentation EU – Horizon 2020 and Co-funding Mechanism, Alexandra Lehmann (S&T Attaché, EU Delegation to China)
- 10:50- 11:00am, Presentation EURAXESS: Your Gateway to European Research, Andrea Střelcová (EURAXESS China Country Representative)
- 11:00 – 11:30, Q&A
- 11:30am – 12:00pm, Research at XJTLU – Professor David O’CONNOR, Dean for Research & Graduate Studies, XJTLU
- 12:00 – 12:30pm, Networking opportunity and optional tour of campus