The 2016 SURF Poster Day will showcase the results of all 63 SURF projects that took place over the summer.
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) programme is an opportunity for Year 1 to 3 undergraduates to work on a research project under supervision during the summer, and acquire a range of practical research skills.
- 12.45pm, Welcome Desk Open
- 1.15 - 1.25pm, Welcome Address by Professor Youmin Xi, Executive President
- 1.25 - 1.40pm, SURFer’s Story by Chenxia Gu (Mathematics), 2015 SURF student, 2016 Master Student, University of Cambridge, SURF Supervisor: Alejandro Vidal-Lopez (Mathematics)
- 1.40 - 3.00pm, Academic Judging
- 1.40 - 4.00pm, Peer/Students Judging (All SURF students and attending students may view, judge and then nominate a winning SURF poster. This will be the Student-nominated Prize).
- 4.30 - 5pm, Awards Ceremony (Professor David O’Connor, Dean, Research and Graduate Studies)
- 5pm, Awards Reception