The Education Leadership Excellence Programme, organised by the Institute of Leadership of Education Advanced Development at XJTLU, supports university leaders to deal with challenges in, and rethink the value of, higher education. It is based on XJTLU’s own education exploration and will focus on:
- student-centred education philosophies
- talent cultivation models
- management supporting systems.
Education practitioners, renowned scholars, experts and university leaders are invited to explore education innovation not only taking place at XJTLU but also at other universities in China and to have in-depth discussions about education reform strategy and plans through short-term, high-impact training and long-term support.
The programme is for senior university leaders who wish to:
- Deepen their understanding of student-centred higher education approaches
- Have in-depth discussions about the global challenges and trends in higher education
- Systematically reflect on student-centred talent cultivation
- Analyse key elements and best practice of talent cultivation
- Discuss with other participants the feasible approaches to realising talent cultivation in practice and improving education quality
- Understand how management system support education goals from university governance, managerial system, organisation structure, strategy and operational perspectives
- Partner with participants to discuss workable strategies and approaches to education reform
- Establish and improve strategies and approaches of education reform through one-on-one, long-term support.
Senior leaders from higher education institutes and affiliated organisations. It is strongly suggested that institution and affiliated leaders form a group of three to six participants to attend the programme, with expected overall number of 40 participants to guarantee the effectiveness of the seminar.
Reshaping Higher Education
- What is ‘student-centred’ and its differences to traditional educational models?
- Student-centred education system.
Student-Centred Education Model
- Symposium of student-centred education practice and exploration.
- How does a university's strategy and operation, management system and organisational structure support its education goal?
- Education quality assurance and evaluation.
Field trip and long-term support
- Programme summary
- Field trip
- Workshop on leadership development.
- Professor Youmin Xi, Executive President of Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University
- Professor Shou Chen, Member of Standing Committee and Vice President of Hunan University
- Professor Guangli Zhou, Renmin University of China, School of Education.
More guest speakers will be confirmed.
Registration deadline is Thursday 13 October 2016. You should download and fill-in an application form and send it to [email protected]. Registration will be confirmed within three working days via email.
Please contact Wen Yin for more information regarding the programme on [email protected] or +86 (0)512 8816 1916.