Industry and Enterprise Tailored Education (IETE) is the pilot project for Syntegrative Education (SE).Based on both general and professional education, this project strengthens cross-disciplinary industry and entrepreneurship education, and integrates general education, professional knowledge learning, business practice, industry knowledge acquisition and entrepreneurship and management training, in order to increase modules, practical training and research opportunities related to employment needs of enterprises and industries. The project will eventually enhance students' competitiveness and create better career prospects, as well as educate potential well-trained talents required for the development of enterprises.
- 14:00-14:30 Professor Xi, Executive President, introduces the Syntegrative Education Model
- 14:30-14:45 Dr. Chee Seong Chin, Dean of Learning and Teaching, introduces the programme
- 14:45-15:15 Gold Finance Group (GF) and Probro Logistics (Probro) introduce their companies and the opportunities they could offer to students
- 15:15-15:30 Agreement signing ceremony with GF and Probro
- 15:30-15:50 Q&A
Application & Admission
This project is available to all local and international Year One undergraduate students at XJTLU.
Application and Admission
- A 2-page personal statement should be submitted in Year 1 Semester 2 to IETE@xjtlu.edu.cn. Students may then enter 'Level 0' for induction and placement, get to know their chosen enterprise and industry, and decide whether to enter other levels according to their own plan.
- Students who are willing to continue to participate in the project shall submit an application form and supporting documents (consisting of their academic results for Year 1,and for Year 2 Semester 1, plus a 2-page personal statement) in Year 2 Semester 2.
- XJTLU and cooperative enterprises will admit students based on the following considerations:
- 1) Students who have participated in Level 0 induction and placement would be admitted according to assessment of Level 0 and supporting documents;
- 2) Students who have not participated in Level 0 induction and placement would be interviewed and be admitted after comprehensive consideration of supporting documents and interview performance.
The project will open at the beginning of the summer holiday every year. The deadline for application is 31 May, with the admission results announced before mid-June.
*Disclaimer: If the number of successful applicants does not reach 20 students per programme - the programme will be suspended temporally.