RMB 8,500 per semester (including text books and the cultural experience classes but excluding any extra optional field trips).
We offer non-degree Chinese language courses for beginner, elementary, intermediate, and advanced learners. Our autumn semester course starts on 3 September and runs until January.
Class hours are Monday to Friday with 12 hours of lessons per week plus several Chinese cultural sessions and HSK workshops.
Come to XJTLU to learn the most widely-spoken language in the world, as well experience local Chinese culture.
Why study our Chinese Language Short Courses?
Small class sizes
Small class sizes allow for more active participation and attention to individual student needs.
Tailored to your level
As part of our unique model of instruction we cover HSK 1-5, with the possibility of studying higher levels if there is sufficient demand. You will be enrolled into the appropriate level for your needs. Classes combine a communicative approach with task-based teaching and learning in the classroom.
Experienced teaching staff
Our award-winning Chinese language tutors are fully certified to teach Mandarin Chinese and have substantial experience teaching Chinese as a foreign language both in China and internationally.
Dedicated language partner
You will be paired with a native-speaking language partner who will help you practice Chinese, review new vocabulary, or even adapt to local life.
You will take part in field trips locally in Suzhou or in other cities to help you gain an insight into traditional Chinese culture.
- Start date
- Department Language Centre
- Attendance Full time
- Duration One semester
- Prospectus No prospectus available
Knowledge and skills
- Learn on modules that combine a communicative approach with task-based teaching to enhance your Chinese language skills
- Pair up with a native speaking language partner to help you practice Chinese, review new vocabulary and classroom texts, or even adapt to local life
- Develop your skills with genuine communication with local Chinese people to help you feel more relaxed and confident when you talk with native speakers
- Cultural trips each academic year help you gain an insight into traditional Chinese culture and experience the rich diversity of local life.
We offer a 40 percent discount on the fees above to certain types of students:
- Students who are already studying at XJTLU (degree or non-degree)
- Students who have previously studied at XJTLU (degree or non-degree)
- Those who will start an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at XJTLU in September 2017
- University of Liverpool students
- XJTLU staff and their partners
- Other partnership university students.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time and upload any remaining supporting documents.
The deadline for applications is 15 July 2017. If you do not require a visa to study in China you can apply up to one week before the start of course date.