RMB 8,500 per semester (including text books and the cultural experience classes but excluding accommodation and any extra optional field trips).
We offer non-degree Chinese language courses for different levels of Chinese language learners. Our spring semester course runs from February to June.
Class hours are Monday to Friday with 12 hours of lessons per week plus some cultural experiences and activities.
Come to XJTLU to learn the most widely-spoken language in the world, as well experience local Chinese culture.
Why study our Chinese Language Short Courses?
Small class sizes
Small class sizes allow for more active participation and attention to individual student needs.
Tailored to your level
As part of our unique model of instruction there are different study levels and you will be enrolled into the appropriate level for your needs. Classes combine a communicative approach with task-based teaching and learning in the classroom.
Experienced teaching staff
Our award-winning Chinese language tutors are fully certified to teach Mandarin Chinese and have substantial experience teaching Chinese as a foreign language both in China and internationally.
Dedicated language partner
You will be paired with a native-speaking language partner who will help you practice Chinese, review new vocabulary, or even adapt to local life.
You will take part in a field trip to another city in China to help you gain an insight into traditional Chinese culture. Trips may include meeting local embroidery artists, attending a Peking opera show or a visit to scenic Lake Tai.
- Start date
- Department Language Centre
- Attendance Full time
- Duration One semester
- Prospectus No prospectus available
Knowledge and skills
- Learn on modules that combine a communicative approach with task-based teaching to enhance your Chinese language skills
- Pair up with a native speaking language partner to help you practice Chinese, review new vocabulary and classroom texts, or even adapt to local life
- Develop your skills with genuine communication with local Chinese people to help you feel more relaxed and confident when you talk with native speakers
- Cultural trips each semester helps you gain an insight into traditional Chinese culture and experience the rich diversity of local life. Trips may include meeting local embroidery artists, attending a Peking opera show or visiting scenic Lake Tai.
We offer a 40 percent discount to students who start a undergraduate or postgraduate degree at XJTLU in September 2017, as well as to degree students who graduated from XJTLU in 2016.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 10 January 2017. If you do not require a visa to study in China you can apply up to one week before the start of course date.
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time and upload any remaining supporting documents.
For more information and to apply please email [email protected]