Dedicated academic advisers help you review your progress throughout your studies and deal with any study-related problems you may have. Class tutor are also available to listen and help with any personal problems.
If you are unsure where to go for advice with any issues related to your academic study you can contact the University’s Registry who will be able to find someone to help. They can be emailed on [email protected].
Continuing language support
We understand that our students come from a variety of cultural and educational backgrounds with a wide range of English levels and study approaches. We provide continuing support courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level to help you with any English language and study skills issues you may find during your studies. The continuing support team will help you bridge the gap
between English study and academic subject-specific study.
Continuing English support is not common in Chinese universities, but we understand that as an international university the demands on our students are unique. Continuing support can further enhance your academic and employment skills.
General enquiries about XJTLU continuing support can be emailed to [email protected].
The Language Centre also provides Chinese and Spanish language classes for full-time students, exchange students and visiting students.
University life can be exciting and yet stressful from time to time. Although we know that many students will have minimal problems adapting to their new environment, we have support services in place should you be finding it difficult. Our Mental Health and Development Centre is a confidential service that can support you to get the most out of your time at university or if you need to talk to someone about any concerns you have.
For further information about student counselling support, please email [email protected].
Student Service Centre
Our One-Stop Student Service Centre provides a range of services, mainly targeted towards our Mainland Chinese students. Services include:
- If you need advice about any aspect of university life, the service centre can help. You can also consult their FAQ list for help and advice
- Facilities applications, student ID card and booklet replacement, insurance claims, national scholarship applications as well as various other applications
- The service centre aims to facilitate communication among students, parents and the University, so if you have any suggestions and complaints, you can contact us at [email protected].
Student development advice centre
The Student Development Advice Centre helps domestic students adapt to the international environment at XJTLU and to improve their experiences. It offers the following services:
- provides guidance for students to experience the process of ‘three transformations’
- acts as the main contact point between students’ families and the University
- provides professional student service products such as the Bounce Back programme and the Induction Programme for new students.
Its staff of full-time development advisors work to:
- help students to integrate into the culture of XJTLU, including building English language confidence and giving advice on self-directed study
- collect data and give feedback to students about their academic performance
- improve students’ living experiences, such as by pairing compatible students in dormitory rooms.
For further information about the Student Development Advice Centre, please email [email protected].
Strategies and tips for new students
The 2017-18 Undergraduate Student Guide is not just to help with your induction at the University and for guidance about campus life - it is an animated and interesting partner that will accompany you throughout the whole Year One first semester. In the form of to-do lists and a combination of online and offline activities, the handbook opens a diﬀerent dimension of freshmen orientation spanning time and space, and collects the best strategies and tips for you to survive and thrive at XJTLU. When you accomplish all the ‘tasks for freshmen’ as per the requirements, you will have grown into a ‘young adult’, with the handbook as a record of your growth!
Additional support for international students and students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan
Our International Student Recruitment and Support office provides a range of services to help make your experience at XJTLU go as smoothly as possible. Their services include:
- Support processing your visa and residence permit
- Booking your accommodation
- Arranging basic medical insurance
- Airport meet-and-greet for all international students arriving in China
- Helping you get to know the local area and campus
Download our International Student Welcome Guide for useful advice on many of the things you will need to consider now and throughout your time in China.
You can contact the International Student Support team at [email protected].