The Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Museum (“the Museum”) is located on the first floor of the Central Building, adjacent to the Circular Meeting Room. It was designed by the students and faculties at the University. Officially opened in October 2014, the Museum covers a total of 400 square meters. It is designed to showcase XJTLU’s innovative approach to higher education development and employs state of the art, multimedia technology in order to provide an immersive and engaging experience to our visitors.
The XJTLU Museum is not a specific, singular museum space but an integration of campus culture with the museum exhibitions through the “Museum +” model where faculty, students, and community collaborate based on the concept of “the whole campus is a museum”.
The XJTLU Museum Team will strive to:
- Collect and display influential and significant exhibits to promote profound and inspiring exploration and dialogue
- Offer a wide range of exhibitions and education events to support teaching and learning on campus and in communities
- Promote cooperation and partnership between departments at XJTLU, in communities and with other museums to boost the development of the campus culture
- Produce creative products to promote unique cultural concepts
- Explore the application of new technologies to provide a smart, open and friendly environment for visitors
- Improve the expertise and knowledge of personnel to increase the influence of the team