The Department has established an Industrial Advisory Board together with representatives of companies in the civil engineering industry as part of strategic objectives to enhance the student learning experience and meet the requirements of employers and professional bodies.
The vision of board is to develop collaboration with mutually supportive initiatives between academia and industry to foster research, learning and career prospects for civil engineering students and increase the attractiveness of civil engineering professions as first-choice careers for the young generation.
The IAB's objectives are to:
- Facilitate sustainable interaction between academia and industry for the benefits of students and employers
- Continuously advance the quality and relevance of civil engineering programmes to meet the latest industry needs
- Explore and identify the opportunity for developing academic-industry research partnerships
- Enhance the effectiveness of industrial-based practical training and mentoring for students
- Maximise the opportunities for offering civil engineering higher education to individuals working in the industry
- Develop Continuing Professional Development (CPD) initiatives such as short courses and training services for practitioners to satisfy industry needs
- Offer opportunity for employers to provide inputs in the curriculum development of civil engineering programmes to produce suitably qualified graduates
- Provide research and consultancy facilities and quality services to the civil engineering industry.
IAB external members:
|Jie Zhang||General Manager||Suzhou Zhongyan Engineering Geological Exploration Co., Ltd.|
|Zhaohe Gan||Chief Engineer||Zhongyifeng Construction Group Co., Ltd.|
|Hongkang Zhao||Deputy Chief Engineer||Tus-Design Group Co., Ltd.|
|Xiaohui Xun||Deputy General Manager||Shanghai Construction Group Co., Ltd.|
|Xuebin Xue||Deputy Chief Engineer||ARTS Group Co., Ltd.|
|Declan Nolan||Executive Director||Colliers International|
|Hui Chen||Deputy Chief Engineer||Suzhou Planning & Design Research Institute Co., Ltd.|
|Qi Pu||Deputy Chief Engineer||Suzhou Concrete and Cement Product Research Institute|
|Suhua Han||Deputy Chief Engineer||CCDI Group Co., Ltd.|
|Fuhui Wang||Deputy Head of Department||Suzhou Anti-Seismic Office|
|Chun Li||President||Suzhou Design Institute for Existing Building Retrofitting|
|Xuezhao Zhan||Deputy Chief Engineer||China Design Group Co. Ltd.|
|Liang Qian||Department Manager||
BOSCH China Investment Ltd.
|Pei Song||Vice President||Shanghai Jundao Residential Industry Co., Ltd.|
|Wanshan Li||Technical Director||Lishi Environmental Science & Technology Co. Ltd.|
|Jianghong Liu (Jennifer)||Vice President||Sika （China） Ltd.|