- Ph.D. , Electrical Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy - 2009
- Master, Power system and its automation, Wuhan University, China - 2002
- Bachelor, Power system and its automation, Wuhan University, China - 1999
- Senior Researcher, Siemens Eco-City Innovation Technologies (Tianjin) Co., Ltd. - 2013 to 2014
- Deputy Chief Engineer, General Manager of R&D Department, Beijing XJ Electric Co.,Ltd - 2010 to 2013
- Assistant Researcher, Politecnico di Torino - 2009 to 2009
- Project Leader, Dalian co-creating software company - 2002 to 2005
- Power system security; Complex Network; Energy Internet; Electric Vehicle
- Xiaotong Xu, Fei Xue, Shaofeng Lu, Huaiying Zhu, Lin Jiang, Bing Han, Structural and Hierarchical Partitioning of Virtual Microgrids in Power Distribution Network, IEEE Systems Journal, Accepted.
- Fei Xue, Ettore Bompard, Tao Huang, Lin Jiang, Shaofeng Lu, Huaiying Zhu. Interrelation of Structure and Operational States in Cascading Failure of Overloading Lines in Power Grids, Physica A Volume 482, 15 September 2017, Pages 728–740.
- Fei Xue, Yingyu Xu, Huaiying Zhu, Shaofeng Lu, Tao Huang, and Jinling Zhang, Structural Evaluation for Distribution Networks with Distributed Generation Based on Complex Network, Complexity, Volume 2017, Article ID 7539089, 10 pages, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/7539089.
- Yujia Zhai, Kejun Qian, Fei Xue, Moncef Tayahi, Modelling of automotive engine dynamics using diagonal recurrent neural network, Journal of Universal Computer Science, Accepted.
- Bing Han, Shaofeng Lu, Fei Xue, Lin Jiang, Xiaotong Xu, Three-stage electric vehicle scheduling considering stakeholders economic inconsistency and battery degradation, IET Cyber-Physical Systems: Theory & Applications, 2017, Volume: 2, Issue: 3, Pages: 102 – 110.
- Fei Xue, LI Gang. Discussion on Networking Energy Integration for Energy Internet [J]. Automation of Electric Power Systems, 2016, 40(1):9-16. DOI: 10.7500/AEPS20150708002.
- Fei Xue, Lei Xianzhang & et al., Managing System Based on RFID and Context Awareness for EV Charging and Swapping Stations. Automation of Electric Power Systems, 2013,37(8):41-45.
- Fei Xue, Lei Xianzhang & et al., Rethink on security of large power grid operation based on the huge blackout of India, China Power Enterprise Management, 2012, (9).
- Fei Xue, Lei Xianzhang & Yebiao Zhang et al., A Brand-New Approach of Connecting Electrical Vehicles With Smart Grid From Vehicle-to-Grid Mode to Battery-to-Grid Mode, Power System Technology. 2012 36(02): 29-34.
- Fei Xue, Lei Xianzhang & et al., A Complex Network-Based Method to Evaluate Smart Charging and Swapping Network for Electric Vehicles. Power System Technology. 2012 36(09): 20-24.
- Fei Xue, Lei Xianzhang & et al., Battery Management of Smart Charging and Swapping Service Network for Electric Vehicle Based on Internet of Things. Automation of Electric Power Systems, 2012, 36(21).
- Fei Xue, Lei Xianzhang, Ettore Bompard, Structural Analysis of Power Grid Security, Automation of Electric Power Systems, 2011 35(19):1-5.
- CW Gao, X Wu, F Xue, HC Liu, Demand planning of electric vehicle battery pack under battery swapping mode, Power Syst Technol 37 (7), 1783-1791.
- Gao Ciwei, Zhang Liang, Fei Xue, Liu Hongchao, Grid Planning Considering Capacity and Site of Large-scale Centralized Charging Stations. Proceedings of the CSEE. 2012,(07).
- Gao Ciwei, Zhang Liang, Fei Xue, Liu Hongchao, Study on Capacity and Site Planning of Large-scale Centralized Charging Stations. Proceedings of the CSEE. 2012,(11).
- Gao Ciwei, Dong Chuanyan, Fei Xue, Design and Implementation of Simulation Software for Electric Vehicle Charging Behavior Based on Multi-agent System. Proceedings of the CSEE. 2012,(11).
- Ettore Bomparda, Di Wu, Fei Xue, “Structural vulnerability of power systems: A topological approach”, Electric Power Systems Research, Volume 81, Issue 7, July 2011, Pages 1334–1340.
- Ettore Bompard, Roberto Napoli & Fei Xue, “An Extended Topological Approach for the Assessment of Structural Vulnerability in Transmission Networks”, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 2010, Vol. 4, Iss. 6, pp. 716–724.
- Sergio Arianos, Ettore Bompard, Anna Carbone and Fei Xue, “Power grids vulnerability: a complex network approach”, Chaos 19, 013119 (2009); DOI:10.1063/1.3077229.
- Ettore BOMPARD, Roberto Napoli, Fei Xue, “Assessment of Information Impacts in Power System Security Against Malicious Attacks in A General Framework”, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Volume 94, Issue 6, June 2009, Pages 1087-1094.
- Ettore Bompard, Roberto Napoli & Fei Xue, “Analysis of Structural Vulnerability in Power Transmission Grids”, International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection, Elsevier, 2(2009) 5-12.
- Ettore Bompard, Roberto Napoli & Fei Xue, “Vulnerability Of Interconnected Power Systems To Malicious Attacks Under Limited Information”, European Transactions on Electrical Power, Volume 18 Issue 8 (November 2008) p 820-p834, DOI: 10.1002/etep.274.
- E. Bompard, C. Gao, M. Masera, R. Napoli, A. Russo, A. Stefanini, and F. Xue,“Approaches To The Security Analysis Of Power Systems: Defence Strategies Against Malicious Threats”. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, 2007, EUR22683 EN, ISSN 1018-5593.
- Fei Xue, Chen Yunping, Discrimination of critical machines in GPS measurement technology. Relay. 2002,(02):16-18.
- Fei Xue, Yinjian, Forecasting for Transient Stability of Power System Based on GPS ＆ Grouping Theory. North China Electric Power. 2001,(08).
- Chunchao Wu, Xiaoliang Wang, Fei Xue, Shaofeng Lu, Xiaotong Xu, Lin Jiang, Evaluation of Buses in Power Grids by Extended Entropic Degree, 37th Chinese Control Conference
- Chaoxian Wu, Shaofeng Lu, Fei Xue, Lin Jiang, Jie Yang, Optimization of Speed Profile and Stationary Energy Interaction for a Train Vehicle with On-board Energy Storage Device, 2018 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Accepted.
- Bing Han, Shaofeng Lu, Fei Xue, Lin Jiang, Huaiying Zhu, A two-stage electric vehicles scheduling strategy to address economic inconsistency issues of stakeholders, Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), 2017 IEEE, 2017.
- Bing Han, Shaofeng Lu, Fei Xue, Lin Jiang, Electric vehicle charging and discharging scheduling considering reserve call-up service, Smart Cities Conference (ISC2), 2017 International, 2017.
- Kai Bao, Shaofeng Lu, Fei Xue, Zhaoxiang Tan, Optimization for train speed trajectory based on Pontryagin's Maximum Principle, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2017 IEEE 20th International Conference on.
- Shaofeng Lu, Jie Yang, Fei Xue, Tiew On Ting, Huaiying Zhu, Partial speed trajectory optimization for urban rail vehicles with considerations on motor efficiency, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2017 IEEE 20th International Conference on.
- Zhaoxiang Tan, Shaofeng Lu, Fei Xue, Kai Bao, A speed trajectory optimization model for rail vehicles using mixed integer linear programming, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2017 IEEE 20th International Conference on.
- A Neural Network Based Soft Sensor For Air/Fuel Ratio Dynamics In SI Engines, Yujia Zhai, Ka Lok Man, Sanghyuk Lee, Fei Xue. The International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2017, Hong Kong, 15-17 March, 2017.
- Yingyu Xu, Fei Xue, Shaofeng Lu, Jinling Zhang, Huaiying Zhu. Structural Analysis For Performance Of Distribution Networks With Distributed Generations. The 3rd International Conference on Smart Grid Technology and Data Processing, Suzhou, China, February 16 - 18 2017.
- Shaofeng Lu ; Fei Xue ; Tiew On Ting ; Yang Du. Speed trajectory optimisation for electric vehicles in eco-approach and departure using linear programming. IET International Conference on Intelligent and Connected Vehicles, Chongqing, China, 22-23 Sept. 2016.
- E Bompard, D Wu, F Xue, The concept of betweenness in the analysis of power grid vulnerability, Complexity in Engineering, 2010. COMPENG'10., 52-54.
- E. Bompard, G. Gross, R. Napoli & F. Xue, “The Analysis Of Information Impacts In Coordinating Defense Against Malicious Attacks For Interconnected Power Systems”, 16th Power Systems Computation Conference, July 14-18, 2008,Glasgow, Scotland.
- Ettore Bompard, Marcelo Masera, Roberto Napoli & Fei Xue, “Assessment of Structural Vulnerability for Power Grids by Network Performance Based on Complex Networks”, 3rd International Workshop on Critical Information Infrastructures Security, October 13-15, 2008, Frascati (Rome), Italy.
- Ettore Bompard, Marcelo Masera, Roberto Napoli & Fei Xue, “Critical Information in Coordinating Defense of Interconnected Power Systems”, Building Networks for a Brighter Future, 10-12 November 2008, De Doelen Congress Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Books, monographs, compilations and manuals
- Fei Xue, “Comprehensive models for security analysis of critical infrastructure as complex systems”, Next Generation Infrastructures Foundation, ISBN/EAN: 978-90-79787-05-0.
Chapters, cases, readings and supplements
- Tao Huang, Ettore Bompard, Marcelo Masera, Fei Xue, “The Structural Dimensions in the Security of Power Transmission Systems”, in the book of “Topics in Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality” published by Springer; Volume 24, 2014, pp 311-337
- E. Bompard, R. Napoli, and F. Xue, “Social and Cyber Factors Interacting over the Infrastructures: A MAS Framework for Security analysis”, in the book of "Intelligent Infrastructures" published by Springer; ISBN: 978-90-481-3597-4,p211-p232.
- Ettore Bompard, Marcelo Masera, Roberto Napoli, Fei Xue, “Assessment of Structural Vulnerability for Power Grids by Network Performance Based on Complex Networks”, in the book "Critical Information Infrastructure Security" published by Springer; ISBN: 978-3-642-03551-7 p144 - p154.
- As Principal Investigator, an agreement has been reached with Joint Research Centre of European Commission (JRC) to introduce technology from JRC to China for generating reference network models by considering concrete Chinese environment, market mechanism and economy characteristics.
- As Principal Investigator, a research project ’ Study on Key Technologies for Energy-Internet-Oriented Microgrids’ of 550K RMB, by cooperation with SDIC New Energy Investment Co., LTD, has been approved and is ongoing;
- As co-investigator, we have won the bidding of a cooperative research project with State Grid Corporation of China for 110k RMB external funding.
- As co-investigator, 2017. The Suzhou Prospective Application Programme. “Intelligent PV cell aging detection and fault diagnosis based on GaN power integration technology”. Three years. 100KRMB. No. SYG201723.
- As co-investigator, 2015. State key lab project. “Research on the Converter Topology and Optimization of Coordinated Control for DC Microgrid with Energy Storage Devices”. Two years. 50KRMB, No. LAPS15014.
Professional service activities
- Senior Researcher of Siemens Eco-City Innovation Technologies
- Member of Expert Group for Integration of Renewable Power Generation in XJ Group Corporation
- Member of Expert Group for Electric Vehicle IOT in State Grid Corporation of China
- EEE335 Drives, and Power Generation, Transmission and Relaying
- EEE340 Protective Relaying
- EEE213 Power Electronics and Electromechanics
- EEE102 C++ Programming & Software Eng. II
Awards and honours
- One academic paper was awarded as Top Articles in Outstanding S&T Journals of China (Frontrunner 5000) for 2016 by Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China.
- Excellent Reviewer of 2016, 2016, Automation of Electric Power Systems
- Outstanding Contribution Award, 2015, Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy
- Excellent Reviewer of 2015, 2015, Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy
- Excellent Reviewer of 2014, 2014, Automation of Electric Power Systems
- First prize for academic paper, 2011, China Electric Power Equipment and Technology Co. Ltd.
Telephone+86 512 8816 1409
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
111 Ren'ai Road
Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District
Suzhou Industrial Park