The Educational Development Unit of ILEAD is devoted to the use and development of technology for the classroom. The team specialises in designing, maintaining and developing new educational technologies that support the traditional classroom, blended learning and e-learning environments. Their scope of work includes the maintenance and upgrade of Moodle, an e-learning management system, integrating the new technologies and tools for the research and development of Moodle, and supporting academic staff to integrate these technologies into their teaching.The innovative, technological teaching and research activities they are involved in include:
- designing audience Q&A in large-size classes
- establishing online student peer feedback mechanisms
- developing teaching techniques for new equipment
- creating open courses for business, management, finance and computer sciences using icourses.cn in cooperation with the Jiangsu Provincial Education Department
- researching how to use the iPad and online note-taking services, such as Evernote, to improve design in Architecture modules
- exploring students' attitudes towards using smartphone applications (APPs) in learning and teaching as a part of a student-led research project.