Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University has always integrated educational philosophies from both China and the West. The Educational Development Unit in ILEAD is devoted to achieving and discovering new modes of teaching in higher education; meanwhile, supporting and enhancing best academic practices in studying, teaching and research within the traditional university structure and beyond.
The Educational Development Unit cooperates with various academic departments in the university to develop general training courses or personalised training plans for students. They also hold the Annual Learning and Teaching Colloquium.
The core objectives of the Educational Development Unit include:
- assisting in supporting and improving the quality of studying, teaching and researching activities in all academic departments
- offering guidance and training for best academic practices
- guiding the application and development of technology in virtual and real classrooms
- encouraging innovative teaching practice through various teaching activities
- promoting the sharing of excellent teaching practices.