- PhD. Loughborough University, U.K. - 2008
- Ms.C. Loughborough University, U.K. - 2003
- BA, Yunnan University, China, 2001
- Lecturer in Finance, Edinburgh Napier University, 2007- 2010
- Assistant Professor in Finance, University of Nottingham, 2010-2018
- Emerging financial markets; Financial integration; Asset pricing; Financial inclusion; Interbank market
- Green, C. J. & BAI, Y. (2008). The euro: Did the markets cheer or jeer? Journal of Policy Modeling, 30 (3), pp.431-446.
- BAI, Y. & Green,, C. J. (2010). International diversification strategies: Revisited from the risk perspective. Journal of Banking and Finance, 34 (1), pp.236-245.
- BAI, Y. & Green, C. J. (2011). Determinants of cross-sectional stock return variations in emerging markets. Empirical Economics, 41 (1), pp.81-102.
- Alagidede, P. & Bai, Y. (2011). Analysis of long-run benefits from international portfolio diversification: Evidence from BRICS. International Journal of Economic Issues, 3(2), pp.263-277.
- BAI, Y., Green, C. J., & Leger, L. (2012). pp.Industry and country factors in emerging market returns: Did the Asian crisis make a difference? Emerging Markets Review, 13 (4), pp.559-580.
- BAI, Y. (2014). Country factors in stock returns: reconsidering the basic method. Applied Financial Economics, 24 (13), pp.871-888.
- BAI, Y. (2014). Cross-border sentiment: an empirical analysis on EU stock markets. Applied Financial Economics, 24 (4), pp.259-290.
- Green, C. J., BAI, Y., Murinde, V., Ngoka, K., Maana, I., Tiriongo, S., (2016). Overnight interbank markets and the determination of the interbank rate: A selective survey. International Review of Financial Analysis. International Review of Financial Analysis, 44, pp.149-161.
- Ding, S., Chen, Z. and Chen, Z. & Bai, Y. (2017). Maturity Matching, Transaction Cost and Credit Maturity Structure: Evidence from Nearly Ten Thousand Rural Households Survey in Shandong Province. Journal of China Rural Economy 2017 November, pp. 62-74
- BAI, Y. & Chow, D. (2017). Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect: An analysis of Chinese partial stock market. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, 50, pp.182-203.
- Camilleri, S.J., Scicluna, N. and Bai, Y., 2019. Do Stock Markets Lead or Lag Macroeconomic Variables? Evidence from Select European Countries. The North American Journal of Economics and Finance 48, pp.170–186.
- Chmura, T., Bai, Y. and Bauder, D., 2019. The Impact of an Insider and Short-selling on Bubble Formation in Experimental Financial Market. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money. In press.
Chapters, cases, readings and supplements
- BAI, Y. (2013). A survey of country versus industry effects in international equity returns. Financial Crises: Identification, Forecasting and Effects on Transition Economies. Nova.
- Green, C., Murinde, V., BAI, Y., Ngoka, K., Maana, I., & Tiriongo S. (2018). The Development of Kenya's Overnight Interbank Market. Financing Innovation and Development in Africa. Cambridge Scholars Publishing
- 2008-2009, The 6th INFINITI Conference on International Finance, Dublin/International Diversification Strategies Revisited from the Risk Perspective.
- 2015-2016, European Financial Management Association Annual Conference, Amsterdam/ The Peer Monitoring Role of the Interbank Market in Kenya and Implications for Bank Regulation.
- 2016-2017, The Asian Financial Association 2016 Annual Meeting, Bangkok/ Is the Glass Half Empty or Half Full? An Analysis of Post-Crisis Chinese Partial Stock Market Liberalization
- 2017-2018, International Association of Deposit Insurers 4th Biennial Research, Basel, Switzerland/The Interbank Market in Kenya and Implications for Bank Regulations
- Bai, Y., 2012, Principal Investigator, RMB 55,000, Herding and international equity market integration, Business School SPARK research fund, University of Nottingham
- Bai, Y., 2013, Principal Investigator, RMB 50,000, Investor sentiment and financial contagion, University of Nottingham Staff Mobility Fund
- Bai, Y., 2013, Principal Investigator, RMB 45,000, Reverse cross-border merger and acquisition, Business School Visiting Scholar Fund, University of Nottingham
- Bai, Y., 2008, Principal Investigator, RMB 65,000, Financial integration and implications to portfolio diversification, Business School research funding, Edinburgh Napier University
- Murinde, V. 2012, Kenya Interbank Market research project, Co-investigator, RMB 2Million, Kenyan Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank of Kenya
- Murinde, V. 2016, DFID-ESRC Growth Research programme (DEGRP), Co-Principal Investigator, Cross-border interbank market and financial stability, RMB18.09Million, SOAS
- Bai, Y. 2018, Principal investigator, RMB98,360, The Influence of Information and Personality Traits in Asset Markets, RDF, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University.
- ACF317 Investments
- ACF306 Finance and Markets
- ACF317 Investments
- 2009-Fellow of Higher Education Academy
Telephone+86 (0)512 8816 1728
International Business School Suzhou
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District
Suzhou Industrial Park