An OA event will be jointly organized by Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University (XJTLU) and International Publishers Copyright Protection Coalition (IPCC), in cooperation with Taylor & Francis at XJTLU campus on a topic about the Open Access Trends: Opportunities and Challenges, within the OA week.
It will be a one-day event scheduled from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Attendees will include researchers, librarians and students from XJTLU and the other universities, IPCC members (about 15 local represents from international publishers), et al.
This event is registered as a part of the International Open Access Week.
- Global open access landscape and its impact to China
- The impact of open access on scholarly communication as well as publisher's role and responsibilities
- Open science, open data sharing
- New publishing technology, model and platform for open access; preprints
- Open access copyright, peer-review, research integrity, publication ethics
- 8:30-9:00 Registration
- Moderator: Bi Xin
- 9:00-9:10 Opening ceremony
- Bi Xin, Deputy Director of XJTLU Knowledge and Information Management Center, Director of XJTLU Library, DOAJ China Ambassador
- Hugo Zhang, IPCC Chairman
- 9:10-9:50 Gemma Hersh, VP, Communication, and Policy from Elsevier, Topic: Elsevier and OA: working with the wider research community
- 9:50-10:30 Professor Jingli Chu, Dean of the Publishing Center from the CAS Library, Topic: Obstacles and paths of open access in China
- 10:30-11:00 Tea Break
- 11:00-11:30 Tom Olijhoek, Editor-in-Chief of DOAJ, Topic: A Central Role for DOAJ in the Global Ecosystem of Open Access infrastructures
- 11:30-12:00 Charles Greenberg, Library Director at Wenzhou-Kean University, Topic: Make Advocacy Real - An Open Access Adventure
- 12:00-13:30 Buffet Lunch
- 9:00-9:10 Opening ceremony
- Moderator: Hugo Zhang, IPCC Chairman
- 13:30-14:10 Bi Xin, Deputy Director of XJTLU Knowledge and Information Management Center, Director of XJTLU Library, DOAJ China Ambassador, Topic: How to assess the quality of Open Access Journals - from the Librarian’s perspective
- 14:10-14:50 Andrew Tein, Vice President, Global Government Affairs, Chief of Staff, Office of the CEO, STM & Wiley, Topic: Open Science Roadmap: Policy, Infrastructure and Community Engagement
- 14:50-15:20 Tea Break
- 15:20-16:00 Eng Guan Ang, MD of Taylor & Francis China, Topic: The Open Access Landscape - Opportunities for Researchers
- 16:00-16:40 Judy Bai, Publisher, Partnership Journals, Springer Nature, Topic: Open Research: Open Your Mind
- 16:40-17:00 Conclusion and remarks – Eng Guan Ang, IPCC Co-Chair, MD of Taylor&Francis China
The report has bilingual content, we provide professional simultaneous Interpretation service, please collect the related equipment at Registration desk right before the meeting if necessary.
The meeting does not charge conference fee, we provide a free buffet lunch on the day of the meeting.
Please register by 22 October, 2017. Places will be confirmed on a first come first serve basis. A separate confirmation email will be sent to you within 3 working days.
If any question, please feel free to contact:
Zhiqin Yang by email (email@example.com) or call 86-0512-88167880;
Tingting Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 86-0512-81888326.