In order to exploring and protecting your Intellectual Property arising from research, Research and Graduate Studies Office is organizing an IP Workshop. Please click on "REGISTER" to register for the workshop.
- 2:00-2:15 pm Registration
- 2:15-2:30 pm Welcome speech – Prof. Eng Gee Lim (Dean, Research & Graduate School)
- 2:30-3:30 pm IP Lecture “How to explore intellectual property arising from research” by Beyond Attorneys IP Firm (in English)
- How to explore inventions from research
- How to write a good technology disclosure paper
- Introduction on PCT (Patent Cooperate Treaty) international patent application
- 3:30-3:45 pm Tea break and refreshment
- 3:45-4:45 pm IP Lecture “Topic: Acquisition and Applications of Patent Big Data” by PatSnap (in English)
- An introduction to 4 main applications of Patent big data by case study: inspiration for R&D, risk control, competitors track and patent operation.
- Warm tips on avoiding infringement: how to judge an infringement, and how to design around.
- Guide to acquire Patent Big Data: Patent vs NPL，search elements, query construction and case search on AI/BLOCKCHAIN
Brief of Beyond (IP Firm)
Founded in 2004, Beyond is now one of the leading IP firms in China, headquarter in Beijing, Beyond has 14 branches at convenient access to domestic clients and 3 overseas liaison offices in Munich, New York, and Tokyo. Beyond has over 600 professionals, provides clients with one-stop services on patent, trademark, copyright, domain name, trade secret, and other IP matters.
Mr Deng Pan
Firm partner, Patent Attorney
He has engaged in the field of electronic computer and communication for 10 years, He has many years of communication and integrated circuit product research and development experience. He is currently a member of the International Intellectual Property Protection Association (AIPPI).
Brief of PatSnap
PatSnap is the leading provider of innovative solutions. Founded in 2007, PatSnap is used by R&D, business and IP professionals in thousands of commercial and nonprofit organizations globally, including NASA, the Department of Defense, China Mobile, Goodyear and Vodafone. With a database of over 127 million patents augmented by economic, legal and company data, we use proprietary machine learning technology to make IP work for all. We have offices in London, San Francisco, Singapore and China.
Xiaoyuan Wang has been engaged in IP for more than 6 years. After 5 years as a Patent Examiner at SIPO, she has been a Patent Analyst & Consultant in PatSnap until now. She served many famous universities and companies, including Sun Yat-sen University, China Mobile, Midea and Pingan. Besides, she is the hostess of a grand IP seminar organized by PatSnap.