Brief of Beyond (IP Firm), Founded in 2004, Beyond is now one of the leading IP firms in China, headquarter in Beijing, Beyond has 14 branches at convenient access to domestic clients and 3 overseas liaison offices in Munich, New York, and Tokyo. Beyond has over 600 professionals, provides clients with one-stop services on patent, trademark, copyright, domain name, trade secret, and other IP matters.
- Craig Gelfound, head of Arent Fox LLP’s Intellectual Property practice in Los Angeles, has been honored the nation’s best attorneys and as a leader in his field in the 2018 edition of Legal 500 US. Mr Gelfound has been recognized for his extraordinary track record of successfully monetizing intellectual property to maximize return on investment by procuring, managing, licensing, and enforcing domestic and global portfolios. Mr Gelfound graduated with a JD, magna cum laude, from Southwestern University School of Law, where he currently serves as an adjunct member of the faculty teaching patent law. He received a BS in electrical engineering from San Diego State University. He brings considerable experience in telecommunications and technology to his practice, having designed signal processors for military radar applications when he worked for a major telecommunications company early in his career. He also served as project manager for one of the largest air traffic control radar contracts with the United States Air Force.
- Dr Shenmin Yin, partner of Beyond, Shenmin received her PhD degree in Cancer Biology from University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA. She is in charge of New York Representative Office and responsible for consulting overseas and domestic clients. Prior to joining Beyond Attorneys at Law in 2012, Shenmin was a partner of another Chinese IP firm from 2008 to 2011; a professor of Biology at Huazhong University of Science and Technology; a research associate at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Cornell Medical College and a lecturer of Biochemistry at Beijing University.Shenmin has extensive knowledge and profound understanding of Chinese patent and trademark practice and IP protection system, especially in the field of Biotechnology. She spoke at domestic forum and lectured overseas on Chinese IP issues such as 2009 International Bio meeting (Dalian, China), 2010 AusBio meeting (Melbourne, Australia). Shenmin also released numerous articles in professional publications regarding Intellectual Property, Biology, Chemistry, Medicine and Life Science.
- 1:15-1:30 pm, Welcome speech – Professor Dechang Xu
- 1:30-2:30 pm, IP Lecture “How to explore high quality intellectual property arising from research” by Mr Gelfound and Dr Shenmin Yin ( in English)
- 2:30-2:45 pm, Tea break and refreshment
- 2:45-3:30 pm, IP Lecture “Some important points on drafting a good technology disclosure paper” by Mr Gelfound and Dr Shenmin Yin (in English)
- 3:30-4:00 pm, Questions and knowledge exchange
If you have any further inquiries about this event, please feel free to contact: Wenting.Ma (ext: 1823; email: [email protected])