- Date: 20 July – 15 September
- Time: 12 am-12am
- Sponsors: Suzhou Municipal Development & Reform Commission；Suzhou Philosophy and Social Science Association
- Organisors: Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Urban and Environmental Studies University Research Centre；Xi 'an Jiaotong-Liverpool Suzhou Urban and Environmental Research Institute Co. Ltd
The 14th Five-year Plan period (2021-2025) is a critical period for China to march from a moderately prosperous society in all respects towards socialist modernization. It is also a crucial time for Suzhou to realize its development vision of "a modern international metropolis, a beautiful and happy new paradise" and make a magnificent shift from a pacesetter of rapid development to a benchmark of high-quality growth.
In order to implement the new development philosophy in real earnest and reflect the scientific and democratic spirit of public participation planning, an open solicitation of "My Suggestions for the 14th Five-year Plan of Suzhou" is to be carried out to actively collect ideas and suggestions for quality growth of Suzhou in the next five years. We will sort out and study your views, and absorb them in the process of planning at all levels and of all types. Meanwhile, articles with great depth, high quality and special features will be rewarded.
- On how could Suzhou integrate into the national strategies such as the One Belt and One Road, the Yangtze River Economic Belt, the Integrated Development of Yangtze River Delta, the Free Trade Pilot Area, the Rural Revitalization Strategy, the Grand Canal Cultural Belt, and the Military and Civilian Integration.
- On the overall development goals, major strategies, city positioning, industrial transformation, environmental protection, social progress, cultural prosperity, urban governance, public service and other key areas of Suzhou in the 14th Five-year Plan period.
- Word limit of 500-2500 Chinese characters, and illustration with pictures is preffered.
- Arranged on A4 paper, font size and colour are flexible.
- Clear viewpoint, appropriate orientation, evidence-based analysis with scientific arguments.
- Each person is limited to one submission. All submissions should be submitted electronically in Chinese.
- The author's name, ID number, mobile phone number, E-mail, postal address (postcode, detailed address) should be attached at the end of the article.
- Any published articles can not be submitted, otherwise the legal responsibility shall be borne by the submitter.
- Submissions will be reviewed and selected by an expert evaluation team, and ranked by its comprehensive scores.
- There will be 15 first prize winners, 30 second prize winners and 50 third prize winners (First Prize 1200 RMB/article; Second Prize 600 RMB/article; Third Prize 200 RMB/article).
- Please submit the article in electronic version to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail subject should include "十四五征文(Open Solicitation for the 14th Five-year Plan) ", for example: 【十四五征文】+article title
- Telephone number: 0512-81889144 (9:00-11:30 am, 1:00-5:00 pm, except holidays
- Due date: from now until September 15, 2020
- The copyright of the winning articles belongs to the sponsors
- The sponsor reserves the right to interpret relevant clauses
More Information on WeChat