- Date: 19-22 October 2021
- Venue: International Business School at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Suzhou, China
- Topic: Poverty and Prosperity: Implications for Advancing the SDGs, 2030 Agenda and Responsible Management Education in a Post-Pandemic World
- Email: RME8@xjtlu.edu.cn
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The importance of achieving SDG #1: Eliminate poverty everywhere is reinforced by global increases in extreme poverty and inequality caused by the pandemic as well as by the interconnections that SDG 1 has with all other SDGs. Commitments to prosperity and a better world are even more important post-pandemic, but to achieve prosperity for all, more complex, multidimensional, multidisciplinary thinking and dialogue are needed.
The main goal of the global 8thRMER Conference is to bring together the responsible management education community and its different stakeholders to address the issues of poverty, prosperity and the SDGs in creative, innovative ways that are grounded in the six RME principles of purpose, values, method, research, dialogue and partnerships.
The 8thRMER event will be held in The People’s Republic of China, where the successful accomplishment of the 13th National 5-Year Poverty Alleviation Plan (2016-2020) shows that high aspirations are achievable. This continues the RME tradition of holding inspirational, multidisciplinary and multicultural events that contribute to mutual sharing and learning among management educators and other stakeholders – all in service of creating a prosperous, harmonious, sustainable world.
19 October 2021 Participant arrive and get-together evening
20-21 October Main Conference Date
22 October Side events, study visits and social program
International Business School at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Suzhou, China
PRME Anti-poverty Working Group and PRME Regional Chapter DACH
Confirmed Keynote Speaker
Prof. Stuart Hart will deliver his keynote speech on 19 October.
Other keynote speakers will be announced soon
The final format of the event will be decided in June or July, depending on the pandemic-related circumstances.
While hoping for the onsite conference, the event could be held in a hybrid format: onsite for the participants from China and virtual for the international participants. In either case, we warmly welcome global participation and contribution while ensuring program, organizational and infrastructural and logistic conditions for a fruitful exchange and mutual learning.
- 16 March Call for contributions (abstracts, extended abstract, work in progress, etc.)
- 7th May 2021 Submissions window opens
- 31st May 2021 Deadline for contributions submission
- 9th July 2021 Notification of accepted contributions
- 5th September 2021 Deadline for early-bird registration
- 10th October 2021 Deadline for regular registration
Please submit contributions to RME8@xjtlu.edu.cnConference History
In 2014, the RME Research Conference series was initiated by the PRME Regional Chapter DACH in collaboration with the PRME Anti-poverty Working Group at the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons. To date, seven conferences have been held in various cities throughout the globe.
- 2014: The Future of Responsible Management Education; Chur, Switzerland
- 2015: Inclusive Business; Cairo, Egypt
- 2016: Linking SDGs and Responsible Management Education at Universities; Krems, Austria
- 2017: New Research Questions for Responsible Management Education and Advancement of SDG; Curitiba, Brazil
- 2018: Leadership Development for Advancing the SDGs; Cologne, Germany
- 2019: Multi-stakeholder Engagement for the Agenda 2030; Jönköping, Sweden
- 2020: The promise of digitalization and artificial intelligence: Implication for RME and moving forward with the SDGs; virtual conference hosted by the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons
World Heritage in Suzhou
XJTLU Intro (Video)
International Business School Suzhou at XJTLU (Intro)