- Date: 19-22 October 2021
- Venue: International Business School at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Suzhou, China
- Topic: Poverty and Prosperity: Implications for Advancing the SDGs, 2030 Agenda and Responsible Management Education in a Post-Pandemic World
- Email: RME8@xjtlu.edu.cn
The 2020 pandemic crisis has revealed once again that the world needs to work together to effectively face major global challenges and respond in a way that will contribute to advancing the SDGs and 2030 Agenda. In this context, responsible management education could and should play an important role.
Being positioned as SDG#1, while also interdependent and interconnected with the other SDGs, poverty alleviation is, not only symbolically, exposed as a starting point for a more complex, multidimensional and multidisciplinary thinking and dialogue about what is meant by prosperity and a better world, as well as about how to proceed with the advancement of the SDGs and Agenda 2030.
The main goal of the global 8th RMER Conference is to bring together responsible management education community and its different stakeholders to address these issues in a way that covers all the six principles that RME stands for: purpose, values, method, research, dialogue and partnerships.
The 8th RMER event will be held in China, where the successful accomplishment of the National 5-year poverty alleviation plan shows that high aspirations are achievable. This further adds to already traditional inspirational, multidisciplinary and multicultural spirit of the RME events and their contribution to mutual sharing and learning among management educators and all the other stakeholders.
19 October 2021 Participant arrive and get-together evening
20-21 October Main Conference Date
22 October Side events, study visits and social program
International Business School at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Suzhou, China
PRME Anti-poverty Working Group and PRME Regional Chapter DACH
- 26 January Call for conference track proposals
- 05 March Deadline for track proposals
- 08 March Conference home page opened and operational
- 08 March Call for contributions (abstracts, extended abstract, work in progress, etc.)
- 31 May Deadline for authors’ submissions
- 08 July Notification of submission acceptance
- 05 September Deadline for early-bird registration
- 03 October Deadline for regular registration
Please submit track proposal to RME8@xjtlu.edu.cnConference History
In 2014, the RME Research Conference series was initiated by the PRME Regional Chapter DACH in collaboration with the PRME Anti-poverty Working Group at the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons. To date, seven conferences have been held in various cities throughout the globe.
- 2014: The Future of Responsible Management Education; Chur, Switzerland
- 2015: Inclusive Business; Cairo, Egypt
- 2016: Linking SDGs and Responsible Management Education at Universities; Krems, Austria
- 2017: New Research Questions for Responsible Management Education and Advancement of SDG; Curitiba, Brazil
- 2018: Leadership Development for Advancing the SDGs; Cologne, Germany
- 2019: Multi-stakeholder Engagement for the Agenda 2030; Jönköping, Sweden
- 2020: The promise of digitalization and artificial intelligence: Implication for RME and moving forward with the SDGs; virtual conference hosted by the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons
World Heritage in Suzhou
XJTLU Intro (Video)
International Business School Suzhou at XJTLU (Intro)