RMB 8,500 per semester (including text books and the cultural experience classes but excluding any extra optional field trips).
Come to XJTLU to learn the most widely-spoken language in the world at China’s leading Sino-British University. Experience quality teaching in culturally rich, historic Suzhou!
We offer practical Chinese language courses for beginner, elementary, intermediate, and advanced learners (HSK1-HSK5/CEFR A1-C1).
Our autumn semester course starts on Monday 2 September 2019 until Friday 10 January 2020.
Note: There will be a Christmas break from 16-27 December.
There are 12 hours of standard classes per week, scheduled on four weekday mornings. Additional Chinese cultural sessions and HSK exam preparation workshops are also provided during the programme as part of the course fee.
Who are our courses designed for?
- People who want to come to China to study the Chinese language intensively, either from complete beginner level or to build on existing Chinese language knowledge
- Expat residents of Suzhou who would like to study the Chinese language and be more engaged with the academic community at a vibrant international university
- People who would like to enhance their Chinese language skills before or after enrolling on/completing a degree programme in China.
Why choose our Chinese Language Courses?
- Tuition tailored to your level - a range of levels offered from beginner to advanced
- Quality teaching – our teachers are qualified, experienced, and committed to enhancing your learning
- Integrated, real-world learning – our courses help you to combine listening, speaking, reading and writing skills to respond to real-life situations using Chinese
- Optional HSK preparation workshops – for HSK 3, 4 and 5 (included in the course price)
- Cultural activities and field trips – understand more about China and Chinese culture
- Traveller/family friendly teaching schedule – normal classes are compressed into four days per week, allowing more time for travel around the local area, or for other family commitments
- Full access to university services and resources – see the “Student Experience” section below.
Join a welcoming, vibrant, international student community, and have full access to university services including:
- University insurance for international students
- University email and wi-fi access
- Assistance with arrival (airport pick-up included)
- Campus sports facilities (gym, tennis and basketball courts)
- International student support services (a dedicated one-stop drop in centre)
- A multitude of XJTLU student clubs.
Knowledge and skills
- Develop integrated Chinese language listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Build confidence in using the Chinese language in real-life situations
- Prepare for HSK exams to certify your Chinese language skills
- Deepen your understanding of modern life in China.
We offer a 40 percent discount on the fees above to certain types of students:
- Students who are already studying at XJTLU (degree or non-degree)
- Students who have previously studied at XJTLU (degree or non-degree)
- University of Liverpool students and recent graduates (within the past two years)
- XJTLU staff and their partners
- Other partnership university students.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time.
The deadline for applications is 10 July 2019.