RMB 8,500 per semester (including text books and the cultural experience classes but excluding any extra optional field trips).
Come to XJTLU to learn the most widely-spoken language in the world at a leading Sino-British University. Experience quality teaching in culturally rich, historic Suzhou.
We offer practical Chinese language courses for beginner, elementary, intermediate, and advanced learners (HSK1-HSK6/CEFR A1-C1).
Our spring semester course starts on Tuesday 19 February 2019 and runs until Friday 24 May 2019.
There are 12 hours of standard classes per week, scheduled on four weekday mornings.
Additional Chinese cultural sessions and HSK exam preparation workshops are also provided during the programme as part of the course fee.
Who are our courses designed for?
- People who want to come to China to study the Chinese language intensively, either from complete beginner level or to build on existing Chinese language knowledge
- Expat residents of Suzhou who would like to study the Chinese language and be more engaged with the academic community at a vibrant international university
- People who would like to enhance their Chinese language skills before or after enrolling on/completing a degree programme in China.
Why choose our Chinese Language Courses?
- small class sizes - more teacher support and opportunities for communication
- tuition tailored to your level - a range of levels offered from beginner to advanced
- quality teaching – our teachers are qualified, experienced, and committed to enhancing your learning
- integrated, real-world learning – our courses help you to combine listening, speaking, reading and writing skills to respond to real-life situations using Chinese
- optional HSK preparation workshops – for HSK 3, 4 and 5 (included in the course price)
- native-speaker language partners - practice Chinese, learn about China, or just have a chat
- cultural activities and field trips – understand more about China and Chinese culture
- traveller/family friendly teaching schedule – normal classes are compressed into four days per week, allowing more time for travel around the local area, or for other family commitments
- full access to university services and resources
- join a welcoming, vibrant, international student community
- full access to university services including:
- assistance with arrival (airport pick up included)
- University insurance for international students
- University email and wi-fi access
- the XJTLU library
- campus sports facilities (gym, tennis and basketball courts)
- international student support services (a dedicated one-stop drop in centre)
- a multitude of XJTLU student clubs.
Knowledge and skills
- develop integrated Chinese language listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- build confidence in using the Chinese language in real-life situations
- prepare for HSK exams to certify your Chinese language skills
- deepen your understanding of modern life in China
We offer a 40 percent discount on the fees above to the following types of students:
- students who are already studying at XJTLU (degree or non-degree)
- students who have previously studied at XJTLU (degree or non-degree)
- University of Liverpool students and recent graduates (past two years)
- XJTLU staff, their partners and children
- other partnership university students.
Students who enrol at XJTLU on a 2019 degree programmes with an offer letter and degree deposit paid can enjoy this Chinese Language Spring Course for free.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 31 December 2018.
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time.