Do you want to gain insight into the world’s largest consumer market and second largest economy? The Doing Business in a Changing China Summer School will give you firsthand business experience in China, delivered by the country’s largest Sino-foreign university.
In just two weeks (July 1 - July 14), this new programme will equip you with the skills and knowledge to navigate China’s complex business environment, giving you a competitive edge in international business.
China is rich in history, culture and tradition. At the same time, it has experienced unprecedented economic growth over the past few decades. As China cements its position as a global player, there is a growing demand for business professionals capable of operating in this important international market.
From the impact of the trade war to socialism and capitalism in the Chinese context, the programme will provide an overview of the many factors influencing China’s business environment. You will not only learn about China’s economy but you will gain an understanding of the role history, culture and tradition play in the country’s continuing development.
Based in Suzhou, a 25-minute train ride from Shanghai, you will study in a city home to nearly 100 Fortune 500 companies. Suzhou’s proximity to these multinationals means you will have the chance to participate in formal onsite visits at world-leading companies.
If you are a university student or young professional wanting to explore China and the reasons behind its huge economic growth, the XJTLU Business Summer School is for you. Upon completion, you will have a solid understanding of this global superpower and valuable experience in China to add to your resumé.
Why this Summer School?
- Study at an AACSB and EQUIS-accredited international business school
- Learn from leading experts in Chinese economy, society, history and culture
- Get a first-hand look into Fortune 500 companies operating in China through industry site visits
- Live in beautiful Suzhou, one of China’s most liveable cities with a unique blend of the contemporary and the ancient
- Study at XJTLU’s modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities in the heart of Suzhou’s business, technology and industry hub
- Build your international network and make new friends
Knowledge and skills
The Doing Business in a Changing China Summer School will provide you with some key insights on China and its business environment. These are some of the activities that you will undertake during the summer school:
- Lectures on Chinese economy such as “Made in China 2025 - Understanding China’s Economic Ambitions” or “Trade Wars and Tariffs – China and the World”
- Industry visits to Fortune 500 companies
- Lectures on Chinese society such as “China in Transition – The Path to Now” or “China's Urban Revolution”
- Expert guided Shanghai and Suzhou city tours and social mixers and weekend leisure activities.
Members of the International Business School Suzhou, the Department of International Relations and the Department of China Studies teaching on the Doing Business in a Changing China Summer School include:
- Adam Cross (Professor of International Business and Head of Department of International Relations)
- Roberto Donà (Professor of Practice in Management)
- Beibei Tang (Senior Associate Professor and Head of Department of China Studies).
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time and upload any remaining supporting documents.
Note: The deadline for applications is 30 May 2019.
After completing the Doing Business in a Changing China Summer School, you can also learn Chinese with our two- or four-week Chinese Language Group Summer School.
For further information about the Summer School please email [email protected].