Recently, the National Health Commission announced the outbreak of pneumonia of unknown cause in Wuhan, and preliminarily confirmed the novel coronavirus (nCoV) as the pathogen of the outbreak. In order to effectively prevent novel coronavirus infection and protect the health and safety of teachers and students, safety tips and measures are as following:
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include：
- Regular hand washing;
- Covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing;
- Thoroughly cooking meat and eggs;
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
Travel advice: the National Health Commission advised that people outside Wuhan not to go to the city, and the residents of Wuhan Should not go out of the city without special circumstances.
Real-time novel coronavirus spread data link:
Safety Tips for Staying in Campus during University Closed Days
- During university closed days, all buildings are not accessible for outside visitors. Staff or students should show their ID card for record at designated entrance, and must cooperate in body temperature measuring if necessary.
- In case of fever, cough, respiratory symptoms, etc., those who stay in the university or dormitory should seek medical advice in time. The following are the nearest fever outpatient medical institutions:
Suzhou Kowloon Hospital (118 Wansheng Street, SIP)
Suzhou SIP Xinghai Hospital (400 Fengchun Street, SIP)
The first affiliated Hospital of Soochow University (188 Shizi Street, Gusu District)
For more, please refer to the following link： http://wsjkw.suzhou.gov.cn/szswjw/bdxw/202001/8fcb... If suspected or confirmed by the local medical authorities, please inform university in time. Email address of University Health and Safety Committee is email@example.com.
- During University closed days, the on campus property management office hotline is 0512-88161060.
The dormitory property management office hotline is 0512-88852775 (Wenxing); 0512-62952612 (Wenhui); 0512-67616932 (Wencui).
- The campus areas will be thoroughly disinfected and ventilated during the University Closed Days (January 24th - February 2nd). For personal and public health, it is not advised to return to university during this period.
The dormitory areas will be thoroughly disinfected and ventilated during the winter holiday (January 18th – February 14th). During this period, dormitories cannot be accommodated normally. Those who are not staying in the dormitory are not advised to return.
- According to the real-time situation released by the local authorities, the latest announcement will be timely released by university. Please pay attention to recent University Communications emails.
- For the sake of public health, please cooperate with relevant departments of the university in the information investigation and provide truthful feedback. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.