The Working Team for Novel Coronavirus Precaution of Suzhou issued an important notice on January 23. Please pay great attention to the notice and take appropriate actions accordingly.
According to the national and provincial policies and decisions of prevention and control of pneumonia epidemic caused by the novel coronavirus, in order to safeguard public health and life safety, and resolutely prevent outbreaks of pneumonia in Suzhou, the prevention and control measures against the new coronavirus-related pneumonia in our city are hereby notified in accordance with the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, the Emergency Response Law of the People's Republic of China, Regulation on the Urgent Handling of Public Health Emergencies and other relevant laws and regulations issued by the State Council.
- **For the sake of your health and the health of others, all persons who came to Suzhou from Wuhan, have been to Wuhan or transferred from Wuhan to Suzhou since January 10 2020, should take the initiative to register with the community (village) committee as soon as possible and have their temperature taken. If the patient has symptoms of fever or respiratory tract infection, he/she should go to the nearest medical institution for diagnosis and treatment as soon as possible under the condition of personal protection. Please do not take public transportation. If there is no fever, medical observation shall be conducted for not less than 14 days as required. Where the isolated observer has a work unit, the registered community (village) committee shall issue a certificate, and the work unit shall not stop paying the work remuneration during the isolated observation period.
**Notes from XJTLU: any local students who have met the criteria above shall register with your DAs ASAP, any international students who have met the criteria above shall register with X-Global (email@example.com); and any staff who have met the criteria shall register with the community (village) committee and the University Human Resources Office (StaffOneStop@xjtlu.edu.cn).
- From the date of this notice, all travel agencies and hotels in Suzhou shall provide full refund service for Wuhan travelers who cancel their trips or cancel their hotel reservations. The travel agencies and hotels in Suzhou shall no longer host tourism team and individual visitors coming from Wuhan.
- Do not organize public activities unless highly necessary. Avoid or cancel large-scale public gatherings and collective activities.
- Anyone travelling to Suzhou from Wuhan and residents in Suzhou should strictly follow the requirement of the precaution and control of the Coronavirus. Enhance self-precaution. Corporate with the quarantine, tracking and screening procedures. Anyone who deliberately keeps relevant information hidden or refuses to corporate with the investigation which leads to consequences will be held responsible in accordance with the law by the Public Security.
- Public and private enterprises should investigate for possible cases in the first instance and report to the local Centre for Disease Control (CDC) in a timely manner for any suspected cases. Civilians are advised to corporate with the requirement of the precaution and control of the virus. Do not believe or spread rumors and report to the local CDC and Community for any suspected cases.
- If you have any questions in relation to this Notice please dial 12345 for further consultation.
- This Notice is effective on the date of its publication and the date of the termination will be announced separately.
Working Team for Novel Coronavirus Precaution, Suzhou 23 January 2020