Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University expects all students and staff to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity in all aspects of their research activity.
The XJTLU University Ethics Committee (UEC) is tasked with ensuring that human research – defined as research involving human participants, human materials or human data – that is carried out under the auspices of the University is undertaken in a way that safeguards the dignity, rights, health, safety and privacy of those involved. The UEC applies international standards when assessing research ethics applications.
The UEC is composed of academic staff with expertise in the types of research usually undertaken in the University. The current members are:
- Dr Jianli Hao(Chair of UEC)
- Dr David Frear, representative of the Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development
- MS Jacqueline Hemingway, representative of the Language Cluster
- Dr Lucie Leveque, representative of the School of Advanced Technology
- Dr Lixian Qian, representative of the International Business School Suzhou
- Dr Jie Sun, representative of the Design Cluster
- Dr Marius Wamsiedel, representative of the Sciences Cluster
- Dr Youzhou Zhou, representative of the Maths Cluster
- Dr Pawel Zygadlo, representative of the Humanities and Social Sciences Cluster
The UEC may co-opt expertise as needed. Its work is supported by Yi Wu of the University’s Research Administration Office. The University Ethics Committee may be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.