ProfileDr Jionglong Su is the director of Education and R&D Institute, School of AI and Advanced Computing. He is concurrently the Taicang School Programme Leader in BEng Data Science and Big Data Technology. He holds a PhD in Statistics (Warwick) and a PhD in Automatic Control and Systems Engineering (Sheffield). Before joining XJTLU, he worked for Warwick University, University College London and Nazarbayev University where he was the Maths Head. Dr Jionglong Su has held several key appointments in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, such as the Group Head in Undergraduate Studies and the Programme Director in Financial Mathematics. His research interests include bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, portfolio management and medical image processing. He is the principal investigator and research collaborator in several interdisciplinary research funded by the National Nature Science Foundation of China and State Key Laboratory of Software Architecture, with more than 3.5 million RMB in grant. Dr Jionglong Su actively participates in the university iLead teaching programmes as an instructor for Chinese universities teachers. He was the recipient of the 2017 XJTLU Outstanding Teacher Award. He received the Excellent Advisor Award in the 4th XJTLU Research-Led Learning Competition.
Students supervised by him won the following award: -
1) 2019 MCM/ICM Mathematical Competition 'Outstanding Award'; 2020 MCM/ICM Mathematical Competition 'Finalist Award'
2) Best Oral Paper Award (Application of deep q-network in portfolio management, ICBDA 2020, Yuan Gao et al.)
3) Best Oral Paper Award (A deep residual shrinkage neural network-based deep reinforcement learning strategy in financial portfolio management, ICBDA 2021, Ruoyu Sun et al.)
4) World 2nd place in 2021 GAMMA Challenge (8th Ophthalmology Medical Image Analysis Seminar, Sifan Song et al.)
5) Best Paper in Application Research (An efficient deep learning framework of COVID-19 CT scans using contrastive learning and ensemble strategy, PIC 2021 conference, Shenghan Zhang et al.)
6) Finalist Award (Bilateral-ViT for Robust Fovea Localization, ISBI 2022 conference, Sifan Song et al.)