- PhD, University of Reading, 2005
- Professor, Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University, Department of English - 2017 to Present
- Head of Department, Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University, Department of English - 2016 to Present
- Founding Head of Department, Department of Languages and Culture/English, Culture and Communication, Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University - 2009 to 2014
- Associate Professor, Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University, Department of English, Culture and Communication - 2009 to 2017
- Tutor/Senior Tutor/Deputy Director, English Language Centre, Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University - 2006 to 2009
- academic writing, discourse analysis, systemic functional grammar, second language acquisition, EAP/ESP
- RUAN, Zhoulin. 2018. Structural compression in academic writing: An English-Chinese comparison study of complex noun phrases in research article abstracts. Journal of English for Academic Purposes, Vol. 36, 37-47.
- Ruan, Zhoulin & Chen, Jinhua 2017 'Students' perceptions and practices in L2 disciplinary writing at an English medium university in Mainland China.', In Hayo Reinders, David Nunan and Bin Zou (Eds) Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching: The Case of China. Palgrave Macmillan., vol. , no. , p.
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2016 'A Corpus-based Functional Analysis of Complex Nominal Groups in Written Business Discourse: the Case of Business', International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching, vol. , no. , p.
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2016 'Lexical Bundles in Chinese Undergraduate Academic Writing at An English Medium University', RELC Journal: a journal of language teaching and research, vol. , no. , p
- Li, Chili & Ruan, Zhoulin 2015 'Changes in beliefs about language learning among Chinese EAP learners in an EMI context in Mainland China: A socio-cultural perspective', System, vol. 55, no. , p. 43-52
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2014 'Metacognitive awareness of EFL student writers in a Chinese ELT context', Language Awareness, vol. 23, no. 1-2, p. 76-91
- Li, Chili & Ruan, Zhoulin 2013 'Language Difficulties of EAP Learners at English-medium Contexts: A Case Study of Chinese Tertiary Students in Mainland China', The Asian EFL Journal, vol. 69, no. , p. 32-50
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2011 'Metacognitive knowledge and critical thinking in L2 writing', Foreign Languages in China, vol. 8, no. 3, p. 59-65
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2007 'Learner beliefs about self-regulation: addressing learner autonomy in the Chinese ELT context., Learner Autonomy 8: The insider's perspective on autonomy in language learning', Dublin: Authentik., vol. , no. , p.
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2006 'Gauging readiness for autonomous learning: an investigation of cultural appropriateness of learner autonomy in the Chinese ELT context., The First International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching Methodologies in China', Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, vol. , no. , p. 235-243
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2005 'A metacognitive perspective on the growth of self-regulated EFL student writers', Reading Working Papers in Linguistics, vol. Vol.8, no. , p.
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2001 'The interactive reading model and its implications for EFL reading instruction', Journal of Xi'an Foreign Languages University, vol. 9, no. 2, p.
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2001 'The effects of linguistic preparation on EFL writing task performance', Foreign Languages and Their Teaching, vol. , no. , p.
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2001 'A review of the variability theory of interlanguage', Journal of Sichuan International Studies University, vol. 17, no. 3, p.
- Ruan, Zhoulin 2000 'An analysis of avoidance phenomenon in Chinese college students EFL writing', Journal of Foreign Language Education, vol. 21, no. 1, p
- Ruan, Zhoulin 1999 'On current approaches to grammar instruction', Journal of Tianji Foreign Studies University, vol. 6, no. 2, p.
Books, monographs, compilations and manuals
- RUAN, Zhoulin. (2012). Chinese Students’ Metacognitive Knowledge in Language Learning and Writing. Shanghai: Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press. ISBN: 9787544625586.
电话+86 (0)512 88161306
地址Department of English
Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University
HS456, South Campus
No 111 Ren'ai Road
Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District
Suzhou Industrial Park