- 日期: 11th December, 2020, Friday
The 2020 XJTLU Postgraduate Research Symposium (XPGRS) for 2020/21 academic year will take place on 11th December, 2020. The goal of the Symposium is to provide a forum for exchanging and discussing ideas with other postgraduates and the faculty staff. Postgraduate research students from schools across the University will have the opportunity to showcase their latest research through poster and oral presentations, and receive feedback from academics and fellow students. The Symposium aims to foster an inclusive research community among our postgraduate student body and research staff.
We also welcome doctoral students from other institutions to participate and present their current research at the XJTLU Symposium. The Graduate School will liaise with each school and external participants, organize the event and produce the conference program.
A Call for Abstracts is now open. Students are encouraged to participate, sharing your progress on your research project and getting feedback from academic staff as well as your peer students.Details and deadlines are as follows:
- All PhD students and Master students on the dissertation stage are welcome to participate
- PhD students in Year 2 are required to participate in poster presentations
- PhD students in Year 3 and after (prior to thesis submission) are required to participate in oral presentations
- Students giving poster presentations will need to submit an abstract and a poster.
- Students giving oral presentations will need to submit an abstract and prepare PPT slides (Each oral presentation is 20 minutes, including 5 minutes for Q&A.).
- All submission needs to be based on the research work supervised by an academic staff member, e.g. your supervisor.
- Abstracts and posters should be submitted in electronic copy to GraduateSchool@xjtlu.edu.cn
- Abstract Submission
Deadline: Noon (12:00pm), Monday 16th November 2020
Two documents to be submitted: 1) Abstract in Word format using the template attached, and 2) a photocopy of abstract with signature of your supervisor (or other academic sponsor)
- Poster Submission
Deadline: Noon (12:00pm), Monday 23th November 2020
Guideline to poster making is attached
- Training Workshops on poster design and academic presentation skills will be held to prepare students with the skills and confidence to participate fully in the activities. Time and location will be announced in due course.
- Senior PhD students are also invited to chair one of the oral presentation sessions. It is a great opportunity to develop the skills to chair an academic discussion. Chairs will be responsible for facilitating the Q & A session.
- If you are interested, please send an email to GraduateSchool@xjtlu.edu.cn
This one-day Postgraduate Research Symposium will be followed by a PhD gathering night. All participants will be invited to cheer the day and network with your peers, while enjoying drinks, refreshments and performance.