- 日期: 10th-11st April 2020
- 地点: Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Department of China Studies, Suzhou (PRC)
- Conference language: English
- Deadline for abstract submission: October 31st, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: Late December 2019
The Department of China Studies of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is pleased to announce a Call for Abstracts for the forthcoming conference “China from the margins: New narratives of the past and present”.
The conference aims at unearthing, exploring and bringing light to stories usually left untold by historians, narratives from the margins of society, explorations of grassroots and popular culture beliefs, amusing anecdotes, items of lore, accounts of the strange and the unusual, etc. It is planned as a dialogue among scholars working in different disciplines whose research offers new approaches to China’s history and culture.
The conference is designed to be an inclusive event, open to scholars working on any period of Chinese history and in all research fields, including but not limited to cultural history, oral history, art history and visual arts, literature, philosophy, culture and social sciences.
To participate, please submit an abstract of no more than 300 words to firstname.lastname@example.org 31 October 2019. Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified before the end of December 2019.
- No conference registration fee
- The organizers will offer meals and 3 nights’ accommodation on campus to delegates who are not based in Suzhou.
- Travel grants: XJTLU is offering two travel grants for early career scholars. To be considered for a travel grant, please send a short statement of max 200 words in support of your application together with your abstract.
- Welcoming event: 9th April
- Conference dinner: 11st April, in Suzhou Ligongdi area
- Visit to Suzhou old town: interested delegates can join a half-day guided tour of Suzhou old town
- The Department will offer the possibility to publish selected papers in an edited volume published by XJTLU Imprint.
Dr Loredana Cesarino (email@example.com)
Dr Emily Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)