Sanghyuk Lee received Doctorate degree from Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, as majoring Electrical Engineering in 1998. His main research interests include data evaluation with similarity measure, human signal analysis, high dimensional data analysis, controller design for linear/nonlinear system, and observer design for linear/nonlinear system. Dr. Lee has been with an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU), Suzhou, China, since 2011. He has been working in Centre for Smart Grid and Information Convergence (CeSGIC) in XJTLU as founding Director since 2014. He has joined as a Vice President of Korean Convergence Society (KCS) since 2012, and was appointed as an Adjunct Professor in Chiang Mai University in 2016, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Dr. Lee organized the international conference several times with KCS. And he awarded multiple honors such as outstanding scholar/best paper award from KCS and Korean Fuzzy Society
MS, Chungnam National University, 2003
BS, Chungbuk National University, 1988
MS, Seoul National University, 1991
PhD, Seoul Narional University, 1998
Chaiared Professor, Pusan National University, 2000 -2006
Research Professor, Changwon National University, 2006-2010
Research Professor, Inha University, Korea, 2010-2011
Adjunct Professor, Chiang Mai University, Thailand, 2016 -
I have majored automatic control which is closely related with mathematics, but now I am focussing on network analysis and control for the unmanned vehicles, information and data transferring, and its application. There are three categories, and it includes
1. Research on interconnecting networked system with AI and granular computing (GrC), it is for the analysis on complex and huge system. With the research, it is also extended to big data analysis, social data and humanic data analysis.
2. Smart grid system analysis and design with neural network. Based on complex system analysis, system optimization provides energy saving and efficiency from energy generation and consumption viewpoints. It also includes large scale system controller design combined with heuristic approach.
3. Try to extend the research output to consensus, multi-agent system, and sensor synchronization. It becomes the foundation of interdisciplinary research in future.
1. Xintao Huan, Kyeong Soo Kim, Sanghyuk Lee, Eng Gee Lim, Alan Marshall, A Beaconless Asymmetric Energy-Efficient Time Synchronization Scheme for Resource-Constrained Multi-Hop Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 68, Issue3, pp. 1716-1730, 2020 10.1109/TCOMM.2019.2960344 (SCI, IF 5.69)
2. Hao Lan Zhang, Sanghyuk Lee, Xingsen Li, Jing He, EEG Data Self-Adjusting Analysis Based on Optimized Sampling for Robot Control, Electronics 2020, Vol. 9, Issue 6, 925; doi:10.3390/electronics9060925, July, 2020, (SCIE, IF 1.764)
1. Hao Lan Zhang, Sanghyuk Lee, and Jing He, An Optimized Self-Adjusting Model for EEG Data Analysis in Online Education Processes, Brain Informatics 2020, Accepted
2. Haolan Zhang, Sanghyuk Lee, Jing He, An Optimized Self-Adjusting Model for EEG Data Analysis, International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC) 2020, Accepted
1. Sanghyuk Lee, Conference Invitation with CeSGIC, 60,884 RMB, 2019, PI. 2. Sanghyuk Lee, Yeungnam University Winter School with CeSGIC, 46,979 RMB, 2019, PI. 3. Sanghyuk Lee, CeSGIC development program for fundamental research on Smart Grid, 170,028.96 RMB, 2016, PI. 4. Sanghyuk Lee, CeSGIC-YU training program for the EV, 73,081.3 RMB, 2017, PI. 5. Sanghyuk Lee, Gachon University, Korea, 31 million KRW, Smart Grid winter school, 22 Jan. 2016 – 27 Jan. 2016, PI. 6. Sanghyuk Lee, National Institute of Mathematical Sciences, 80 million KRW, Industrial Mathematics Ignition Program, 1 July 2015 – 30 June 2016: Co-PI. 7. Yuhui Shi, Sanghyuk Lee and Tiew O. Ting. NSFC, 780,000 RMB, Brain storm optimization algorithm and its applications to wireless sensor networks, 2013.01.01~2016.12.31: Co-PI. 8. Eng Gee Lim, Zhao Wang and Sangyuk Lee. Funded by Suzhou Science and Technology Bureau, RMB 120,000, Electromagnetic wave properties of wireless capsule antenna in the human digestion system, 2012.7-2014.6: Co-PI. 9. Sanghyuk Lee and Lee Sang Min. Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 240 million KRW, Development of the Intelligent Algorithm and Program for Hearing Improvement, 2011.10.01~2013.09.30: Co-PI. 10. Sanghyuk Lee and Lee Sang Min. National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 5,465.4million KRW, Development of Convergence Technology for Green Biomimetic Implantable ICs and Ubiquitous Bio-information Processing Platform, 2010.0901~2019.04.30: Co-PI. 11. Sanghyuk Lee and Lee Sang Min. Seoul R&BD, 280 million KRW, Development of a Low Power Hearing Processor SoC for a Low-cost Standard Digital Hearing Aid, 2010.12.01~2014.11.30: Co-PI. 12. Sanghyuk Lee and Chongmin Yun. KISTI (Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information), 29 million KRW, A Basic Research on the Establishment of Legal System for the Management and Utilization of National Scientific Data, Consultant. 2012.03.01~2012.09.30. 13. Sanghyuk Lee. Development of Induction Motor Fault Detection using Stator Current, Funded by POSCON Co., 20 million KRW, 2003.4-10. Korea: PI. 14. Sanghyuk Lee, Sungshin Kim. Study on the Online Motor Fault Faults Detection Techniques using Artificial Intelligence, Funded by Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy, 140 million KRW, 2004.4-2006.3. Korea, PI. 15. Sanghyuk Lee, Dongyean Jung. Effective Condenser Soldering System Development for Inverter of LCD panel, Funded by Changwon Cluster Development Agency, 2008.3-2009.3. Korea: PI
Professional service activities
2010 – Present: Chief in Editor, International Journal of Engineering and Future Technology 2020 - : Lead Guest Editor, Mathematical Problems in Engineering(SCI) 2020 - : Lead Guest Editor, Electronics (SCI)
- Digital Control and Automatic Control (Bachelor Module), 2011 - 2019 - Electronics for Instrumentation (Bachelor Module), 2013 – 2019 - Electronic Circuit & Design (Bachelor Module), 2017 - 2019
Awards and honours
1. Best paper award, The 7th International Symposium on Frontier Technology (ISFT 2019), Pattaya, Thailand, 2019, Aug. 25. 2. Plaque of Appreciation, International Symposium on Innovation in Information Technology and Application, Da Nang, Vietnam, 2017. 3. Plaque of Appreciation, International Symposium on Advanced Engineering, Busan, Korea, 2015. 4. Academic Grand Award, Qingdao, Korean Convergence Society, 2012. 5. Best paper, International Conference on Convergence Technology, 2012. 6. Best paper, Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, 2007.