- International business
- Accounting and financial management
- Strategic organisational design
- Strategic business analysis
- Business leadership
- Marketing management
- Strategic operations management
- Entrepreneurship and business creation
- Dissertation or business project.
This dynamic, contemporary and innovative programme prepares you for management positions across a wide range of industries. It is also designed to assist current managers in preparation for more senior roles.
Open to those with an undergraduate degree in any discipline, the MSc Management programme offers you broad theoretical and practical knowledge of management. The modules cover many topics of relevance to managers both in China and internationally, including international business, strategy, finance, leadership, marketing and entrepreneurship. You will also complete a research project or dissertation on a management-related topic of your choice in consultation with the programme director.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation and IBSS is the youngest school ever to have achieved it.
Why should I study Management at XJTLU?
International Business School Suzhou offers practical business engagement at all levels. A number of business executives will share their practical experiences in guest lectures, while visits to corporations will enhance your real business life experience.
Knowledge and skills
The MSc Management programme will equip you with:
- a rich understanding of management practices and theories
- insights into how to conduct a broad range of managerial functions and tasks
- an awareness of the demands of management in business
- research skills through project and dissertation work
- potential work experience through internships (for students who are not already employed)
- excellent networking possibilities.
The professors from different intercultural and interdisciplinary roots gave us insight into their experience and taught us to critically reflect.Juliet Ampah Alumna, MSc Management, Ghana
Additional learning activity
The completion of additional learning activities is required to complete your masters degree. Normally, required ALA hours will be distributed evenly across each semester, amounting to 200 hours per semester. Part-time programmes will normally require 100 to 150 hours per semester.
The additional learning activities on MSc Management include:
- Introduction to research methods
- Personal and employability skills
- Operations modelling and simulation
- Postgraduate English
- Chinese language
- Graduate teaching assistantship
- Graduate research assistantship
- Independent study with an IBSS Tutor
- Participation in IBSS research seminar series
- Writing of scholarly research paper
- Presentation of Scholarly Research Paper
- Thomson One Certificate achievement
- EIKON Certificate achievement
- Datastream Certificate achievement
- Professional software skills
- Volunteer work for University and school projects and events
- In-company project
- Field trip/company visit
- Career development activities
- Graduate work placement
- SAP TERP10 Certificate achievement
Surrounded by many of the world's leading Fortune 500 companies and top Chinese companies, IBSS and our career development team are ideally located for deep engagement with potential national and multinational employers to identify the best job opportunities for our MSc Management students.
This programme includes career skills and personal development support to assist you with career evaluation, job searches, and professional skills development, such as:
- consultations with our career development team
- guidance on job search techniques
- coaching in writing cover letters and CVs as well as interview skills
- building and assessing soft competencies like working in teams, communication and presentation skills
- assistance in employment and work permit issues.
RMB 120,000 for the entire 18 month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, the University of Liverpool or Xi’an Jiaotong University, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Masters students have the option to pay tuition fees in instalments each semester. You can also choose to pay the fees upfront at the time of registration, in this case a discount of five percent of the total fees will be offered.
You will be asked to indicate how you would like to pay the fees when you confirm your acceptance of the unconditional offer.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Minimum entry requirements
Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 1st tier universities: 75 percent or above
- 2nd tier universities: 80 percent or above
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Equivalent academic qualifications
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in any discipline.
English language requirements
If English is not your native language or if you have not studied in English at degree level, you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. You should normally possess one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
In exceptional circumstances, individual cases will be considered on their own merits. You may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate your English proficiency.
If you miss the English language requirements by 0.5-1.0 of an IELTS band, or a similar number for other English language exams, you can be admitted to the programme after successful completion of our five- or eight-week intensive English presessional course.
You can also apply to take the XJTLU English language test in lieu of an IELTS/TOEFL or equivalent. Based on the score, students may be admitted or may be required to take and successfully complete the five- or eight-week intensive English presessional course.
Additionally, students may be required to complete English language courses on a pass/fail basis as part of the additional learning activity requirement during their studies at XJTLU.
Dr Bing Wu Berberich is lecturer in human resource management and the director of MSc Management programme at IBSS XJTLU. She was recently appointed as Deputy Director of the Research Institute on Ageing and Society (RIAS). Bing’s research areas are deeply rooted in social science research focusing on understanding individual and group behaviour, and factors relating to improving psychological well-being and employment relationships. Extended from her main research area, she has a growing knowledge and sound research experience in studying the impact of ageism on individual well-being, family and work relations, society, and labour market structure.Dr Bing Wu Berberich Programme director
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time and upload any remaining supporting documents.
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.