PROGRAMME SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Each doctoral programme has specified the levels of academic and language required to enter the programme, please select the doctoral programme you are interested in and find out the specific entry requirement.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT
XJTLU strives to adopt and adhere to recognised international standards in providing equality of opportunity, and fairness in admissions process and decision-making. We evaluate each application on its individual merits and in comparison with other applications. We do not guarantee to make an offer to all applicants who have met or are predicted to meet the minimum entry requirements.
The minimum entry requirement for Bachelor or Master degree holder is:
- Top 100 of the latest Shanghai Ranking or World-class universities or First-class disciplines (MoE, People’s Republic of China): 75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
- Other universities: 80 – 85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate/postgraduate institution
Note: Shanghai Ranking of The Best Chinese Universities is subject to annual update at https://www.shanghairanking.cn/rankings/bcur/2023
- UK first or 2:1 class Bachelor degree with Honours
- Or UK Pass with Merit Master degree
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) for Bachelor or Master degree holder.
- Equivalent to the above UK first or 2:1 class Bachelor degree or Pass with Merit Master degree.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
All students applying to PhD programme must demonstrate that they are competent in the use of the English language and satisfy the University’s requirements.You should normally possess an appropriate IELTS, or equivalent score as listed on University of Liverpool webpage. Please contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify what this is if you are unsure.
You will qualify for an exemption from the English language requirement if one of the following applies to you:
- You are a national of a majority English-speaking country as defined by UKVI.
- You have completed/are completing a degree in XJTLU or in the following countries or territories (Chinese joint venture programmes are not included): Antigua and Barbuda; Australia; the Bahamas; Barbados; Belize; the British Overseas Territories; Dominica; Grenada; Guyana; Ireland; Jamaica; Malta; New Zealand; St Kitts and Nevis; St Lucia; St Vincent and the Grenadines; Trinidad and Tobago; UK; USA. Please note this only valid for two years from the date awarded the degree to the start date of the PhD programme.