UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Film and television production are significant growing and developing industries in China with an increased emphasis on international co-production and collaboration. The BA Film and Television Production programme aims to equip students with the skills, knowledge and understanding of film and television production, and a critical and theoretical grounding in film, media and communication studies contexts.
With the curriculum delivered in English and drawing on XJTLU’s international education model, graduates will be well equipped in both language, subject-specific skills and critical abilities to go onto work in local, national and international media industries or to progress on to further specialist study.
This programme is not available on the 2+2 route.
Why should I study Film and Television Production at XJTLU?
The programme benefits from facilities running industry-standard software and hardware platforms. You will work with dedicated research-active international staff with practical experience in digital media arts (film makers, directors and producers, and academics) and in communication and media teaching. The programme will be housed in state-of-the art facilities in the brand new dedicated School of Film and TV Arts building currently under construction. These facilities will feature film and television studios, digital media laboratories, post-production facilities and a viewing theatre.
The programme is accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the University of Liverpool.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BA Film and Television Production programme, you will:
- have specialist skills in broadcast media and film production
- possess specific knowledge of production techniques, research and routines/processes within the media industries
- have gained specific knowledge of, and advanced and specialist skills in, professional practices, contexts and research processes within the broadcast television, digital video and film production industries
- have a high level of communication skills in the presentation of critical, creative and professional work
- be capable of independent and questioning work in the areas of broadcast television, digital video and film production
- be able to produce work that is informed by, and contextualised within, relevant theoretical issues and debates
- have developed a range of theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of mass media
- be able to reflect, evaluate and present creative and professional work in your own and in other’s practice in media production.
BA Film and Television Production graduates pursue professional careers in the film, television, media and creative industries, communications, PR and advertising, national and international broadcast and film production companies, journalism, and internet and online communications.
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Early bird discount
All international students who accept their offer by 1 May 2020 will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Join a free Chinese language course
We now offer a free summer Chinese language course for all undergraduate and postgraduate students starting their degree in September 2020.
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Early bird discount
All Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students who accept their offer by 1 May 2020 will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students who apply to XJTLU through the Joint Entrance Examination on the governmental online application system (Education Examination Authority of Guangdong Province) will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Mainland Chinese students
RMB 88,000 er academic year
How to apply
This course opens to international students from September 2017.
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time.
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.
Note: This programme is subject to final validation from the University of Liverpool.