- Globalisation and Education: Critical Perspectives
- Principles, Policies and Practices of Global Education
- Culture and Learning
- Educational Leadership.
With an increasingly mobile and globally connected population, the world is rapidly changing and faces many challenges. Education is increasingly borderless, and with this comes challenges of how to ensure quality. There is increasing demand for appropriately trained professionals with an understanding of the challenges faced by education and globalizsation as they interact together. The Masters of Global Education uniquely provides in-depth knowledge, skills and understandings through both practice and theory based modules, enabling its graduates to make a telling future contribution to shaping tomorrows global education needs.
Why should I study Global Education at XJTLU?
- Internship in a Global Education environment.
- Possibility to gain teaching experience.
- Unique programme in China.
- Brings expertise from the UK and China together.
- Some exemptions from modules in the XJTLU PG Certificate in Professional Studies programme.
- Start date
- Department Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development
- Attendance Full time
- Duration 18 months
- Prospectus No prospectus available
Knowledge and skills
Students will acquire a comprehensive knowledge, drawing on international contexts and perspectives, of the key debates and issues surrounding the development of global education today. This course will enable students to critically reflect on their own educational roles where appropriate, and acquire the necessary skills and contacts to forge a career in a global education field. International students will also begin to learn or improve their Chinese language skills.
- Entrepreneurship, Educational Innovation and International Education.
- The University of Tomorrow: Managing Change in Global HE
- Language and Power
Additional learning activities
The completion of additional learning activity is required to complete your masters degree. Normally, required ALA hours will be distributed evenly across each semester, amounting to 200 hours per semester. Part-time programmes will normally require 100 to 150 hours per semester.
ALAs may contain the following elements:
- Chinese Language (for International Students)
- Research Methods (Compulsory)
- Academic Writing (Compulsory)
- Other Education related modules within XJTLU
- BA International Relations modules, Year 4
- EMI Short course (delivered by ILEAD)
- Understanding China (compulsory for international students)
Local HE institutions engaging in change, delivery of EMI programmes, Joint Venture schools/HE institutions, government agencies, non-profit organisations who need graduates with a comprehensive knowledge of today’s global education landscape. The ability to communicate in Chinese (for international students) will also enhance career prospects.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18 month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, the University of Liverpool or Xi’an Jiaotong University, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Masters students have the option to pay tuition fees in instalments each semester. You can also choose to pay the fees upfront at the time of registration, in this case a discount of five percent of the total fees will be offered.
You will be asked to indicate how you would like to pay the fees when you confirm your acceptance of the unconditional offer.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Minimum entry requirements
Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 1st tier universities: 75 percent or above
- 2nd tier universities: 80 percent or above
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Equivalent academic qualifications
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent). Some work experience in education would be an advantage.
English language requirements
Applicants who are not native speakers of English are expected to meet the following English language requirements:
- a minimum of 7.0 on the IELTS English language test, with no less than 6.0 on any individual component of the test;
- Or a minimum of 600 on the TOEFL paper test or 90 on the Internet-based TOEFL test.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate their English proficiency.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time and upload any remaining supporting documents.
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.
Note: This programme is subject to final validation from the University of Liverpool, and awaiting official recognition from the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.