- Supply chain operations management
- Strategic operations management
- Logistics and physical distribution
- Strategic purchasing management
- Theory and practice of lean operations
- Strategic business analysis
The MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management programme covers all aspects of effective operations and supply chain management in a highly competitive global marketplace. It looks at how successful operations and supply chain management can shape the sales and profit ambition of a business. Combining XJTLU’s growing reputation and International Business School Suzhou’s dynamic and innovative international expertise alongside intensive collaboration with the business community and proximity to the Yangtze River Delta region, the programme is one of the few English-language masters programmes of its type in China.
Throughout the programme, opportunities are provided for you to analyse and examine the most up-to-date developments in operations and supply chain practice through a series of industrial lectures and best practice industry visits. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to reach senior managerial positions or become an operations, logistics and supply chain management strategist.
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) is currently being sought, while students will be exempted from a number of required modules by the American Society of Transportation and Logistics to qualify for chartered status.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Why should I study Operations and Supply Chain Management at XJTLU?
During your studies, there is the opportunity to engage with and learn from leading organisations, thanks to our extensive links with businesses and public sector services, locally and across the world, providing you with exciting opportunities for placements, mentoring, involvement in live projects and networking.
Knowledge and skills
Through studying MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management you will:
- develop an understanding of how operations can be managed as a strategic resource
- understand the requirements of successful operations and supply chain practice in modern business
- learn how to identify and apply a range of operations management initiatives and techniques that can be considered in the development of an operations strategy
- understand and be able to apply the models, processes and tools used to analyse, design and implement operations and supply chain management and logistics solutions
- gain understanding of the decisions involved in the selection of suppliers as well as the role and objectives of the purchasing function
- develop a thorough understanding of the components of supply chains, the material and information flow interactions between them and the analytical and management processes that facilitate successful supply chain performance
- be able to apply benchmarking and comparative performance techniques
- be able to demonstrate critical awareness of current research in business and management through independent analysis of a relevant business case.
- Accounting and financial management
- Fundamentals of project management
- Modelling and simulation of operations
- Marketing management.
Additional learning activity
In addition to the above credit bearing modules, students are required to carry out 600 hours of additional learning activities over the 18 months. Available additional learning activities include:
- Research methods
- Postgraduate English
- Chinese language
- Project management
- Operations modelling and simulation
- In-company project
- Thompson One Certificate achievement
- EIKON Certificate acheivement
- Datastream Certificate achievement
- Teaching assistant
- Research assistant.
MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management graduates are now working for companies like Jaguar, Bosch, Mondeleze, Accenture, Caterpillar, Daimler Chrysler, Deloitte Consultants, Ford Motor Company, GE, Maersk, Unilever, Unipart, Westinghouse and Cargill.
RMB 120,000 for the entire 18 month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, the University of Liverpool or Xi’an Jiaotong University, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Masters students have the option to pay tuition fees in instalments each semester. You can also choose to pay the fees upfront at the time of registration, in this case a discount of five percent of the total fees will be offered.
You will be asked to indicate how you would like to pay the fees when you confirm your acceptance of the unconditional offer.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Minimum entry requirements
Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 1st tier universities: 75 percent or above
- 2nd tier universities: 80 percent or above
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Equivalent academic qualifications
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in any discipline.
English language requirements
If English is not your native language or if you have not studied in English at degree level, you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. You should normally possess one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
In exceptional circumstances, individual cases will be considered on their own merits. You may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate your English proficiency.
If you miss the English language requirements by 0.5-1.0 of an IELTS band, or a similar number for other English language exams, you can be admitted to the programme after successful completion of our four- or six-week intensive English presessional course.
You can also apply to take the XJTLU English language test in lieu of an IELTS/TOEFL or equivalent. Based on the score, students may be admitted or may be required to take and successfully complete the four- or six-week intensive English presessional course.
Additionally, students may be required to complete English language courses on a pass/fail basis as part of the additional learning activity requirement during their studies at XJTLU.
I wanted to study in China and XJTLU is one of the only universities in China that I found offering this particular programme, which is taught in English and has good prospects. XJTLU is a great university. It has very helpful professors that will guide you as you study. Its mentorship, learning environment and learning facilities are also very good.Chisala Zulu Chisala Zulu
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time and upload any remaining supporting documents.
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.