- Ph.D. , Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, The UK - 2017
- Social Media Specialist, Pickle Jar Communications - 2015 to Present
- Research Assistant, Newcastle University - 2015 to 2017
- Teaching Assistant, Newcastle University - 2014 to 2017
- English Teacher, Global IELTS School - 2012 to 2012
Research interestsSocial media
- Peng, Yuzhu 2017 'How spatial proximity matters in the encounters between strangers: Urban Chinese young adults and their use of WeChat', Journal of Communication and Media Studies, vol. 2, no. 2, p. 1-16
- Ma, Shiyuan & Peng, Yuzhu 2017 'The research paradigm of Arabic cultural studies in the contemporary UK (In Chinese)', 西亚非洲, vol. 2, no. , p. 147-160
- Peng, Yuzhu 2017 'Affective networks: How WeChat enhances Tencent's digital business governance', Chinese Journal of Communication, vol. 10, no. 3, p. 264–278
- 2014-2015, International Conference on Diversity in Organizations, Communities, and Nations / The Diversity of Digital Culture among the Post-1990's Generation: A Case Study of Chinese College Students and Their Use of WeChat
- 2014-2015, Media Communication and Cultural Studies Association / Chinese college students' use of WeChat: A social norm perspective
- 2016-2017, The Inaugural Communication and Media Studies Conference / How Physical Proximity Matters: Encounters among Strangers via Mobile-based Social Networking Applications
- 2015-2016, East Asian Popular Culture Conference / A New Materialist Spatial Logic: The Ways in Which Chinese College Students Practise SelfPresentation via WeChat
Professional service activities
- 2017 ContentEd Conference.
- 2016 The Higher Education Academy (UK).
- 2015 Newcastle University.
School of Film & TV Arts
Humanities & Social Sciences Building
Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
111 Ren'ai Road
Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District
Suzhou Industrial Park
P. R. China