Currently the tuition fee payable by full-time students on postgraduate research programmes is RMB 80,000 per year. It normally takes three years to complete a full-time PhD programme.
The PhD programme in International Business School Suzhou prepares students to become academic scholars or to embark on other research related careers in education, industry, government or international organisations. You will specialise in specific areas of economics (including financial economics) or management.
The economics PhD has a number of sub-specialisations including (but not limited to):
- Financial economics
- International trade and finance
- Public finance
- The Chinese economy
- Game theory
The management PhD has a number of sub-specialisations including (but not limited to):
- General management
- Human resource management
- International business
- Information management
- Operations and supply chain management
Key benefits of PhD study at XJTLU:
- Our PhD programme equips you with a range of professional skills to help you maximise your future employability
- Our supervisors will guide you through one of the most intellectually satisfying experiences of your life
- Supervision from respected academics at both XJTLU and the University of Liverpool
- PhD students have dedicated travel budgets for participating in international conferences
- The chance to apply for a research visit to the University of Liverpool for up to three months
- Opportunities to work as a teaching assistant and develop crucial academic skills.
- No staff found
For part-time students, tuition fee payable is RMB 60,000 per year. Part-time PhD study is typically completed in four to seven years.
Fees are waived for students who are awarded an XJTLU PhD scholarship.
We have a number of scholarship options for PhD candidates, including tuition-only scholarships for full-time PhD study and an academic merit scholarship for international students. Please see our scholarships page for more information.
Additionally, specific funded PhD projects are available that have a scholarship covering the tuition fee and a monthly stipend. Please visit scholarships for specific financial information. The Department has the following funded PhD projects available (this list is updated in January and July every year):
|Title of PhD project||Reference number||Status||Supervisor|
|Corporate social responsibility strategy of multinational companies in China: A legitimacy perspective||NSFC 2016 Project No. 71672146||Open||Professor Juelin Yin [email protected]|
|Research on Big Data Analytics Framework for Fraud Management
|Trade on Inside Information Among Financial Institutions – Evidence From the Chinese A-share Market||RDF-16-01-44||Open||Dr Tao Huang
|Disclosure quality and political connection in determination of interest rate in Chinese internet lending market
||RDF-15-02-04||Open||Dr Xudong Ji
We accept a wide variety of academic qualifications for entry onto our PhD programme. Please see our entry requirements for additional information.
How to apply
All applications for a PhD programme should start with you emailing potential supervisors about either a specific funded project or about your idea for a self-funded project.
They can help you with the next stages of the application process and you can also find out more information on our how to apply section.