- PhD , University of Cambridge, 2013
- M.A. , University of Warwick, 2007
- BSc , Brussels Free University, 2006
- Head of Division, Economics, International Business School Suzhou - 2017 to Present
- Director of Accreditations, International Business School Suzhou - 2015 to Present
- Associate Professor, International Business School Suzhou - 2016 to Present
- Programme Director BSc Economics, International Business School Suzhou - 2016 to 2016
- Programme Director BSc Economics and Finance, Business School, Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University - 2013 to 2015
- Lecturer, International Business School Suzhou - 2012 to 2016
- Teaching Assistant, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, Brussels Free University, BE - 2007 to 2008
- Research Assistant, European Center for Advanced Research in Economics and Statistics, BE - 2007 to 2008
- Economic sociology
- Behavioural Economics
- International Political Economy (IPE)
- Topics: Food Choice, Innovation Adoption, Islamic Finance, Tourism Development, Chinese Consumers
- Desmarchelier, Benoit, Qian, Lixian & FANG, EDDY S. 2018 'Preference Reversals in Decisions that Matter: Education Choices in China', Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, vol. 77, pp.122-128. (SSCI, ABS:2, ABDC:B)
- Desmarchelier, Benoit & FANG, EDDY S. 2016 'Social Media and the Diffusion of Information: a Computational Experiment on the Emergence of Food Scares', Kyklos, vol. in press, no. , p. (SSCI, ABS:3, ABDC:A)
- FANG, EDDY S. 2016 'Three decades of repackaging Islamic finance in international markets', Journal of Islamic Marketing, vol. 7, no. 1, p. 37-58 (ESCI, SCOPUS: 2.23)
- Desmarchelier, Benoit & FANG, EDDY S. 2016 'National Culture and Innovation Diffusion. Exploratory Insights from Agent-based Modeling', Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 105, no. , p. 121-128 (SSCI, ABS:3, ABDC:A)
- FANG, EDDY S. 2014 'Materialism, Ideas, and the Construction of Financial Knowledge', Review of International Political Economy, vol. 21, no. 6, p. 1170-1202 (SSCI, ABS:3, ABDC:A)
- FANG, EDDY S. & FOUCART, R. 2014 'Western Financial Agents and Islamic Ethics', Journal of Business Ethics, vol. 123, no. 3, p. 475-491 (SSCI, FT45, ABS:3, ABDC:A)
Chapters, cases, readings and supplements
- FANG, EDDY S. 2013, 'Business Communication' in Hack-Pollay, D. and Davies, D. eds (eds) Understanding Business. A Beginner's Text, Pearson Education, pp.
- 2017-2018, NZIFST Annual Meeting Conference / Food Safety and Trust in contemporary China
- 2017-2018, ICBEIT 2018 / Industrial tourism as an answer to food scares in China
- 2016-2017, IBCEIT 2017 / POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION DECISION IN CHINA: AN EXPLORATORY EXPERIMENT ON CHOICE ANTECEDENTS AND PREFERENCES
- 2015-2016, 11th Royal Bank Conference / Postgraduate Education Choice in China
- 2014-2015, ICBEIT 2015 Guam / Constructing Islamic Finance in International Markets: Two Decades of Changing Attitudes Towards Shariah-Based Financial Products
- 2013-2014, ICBEIT 2014 Taipei / Operationalizing Culture in International Business Research
- 2013-2014, Business in between cultures, European Association for Finance and Banking History / Islamic ethics and Western financial agents
- 2012-2013, Tsing Hua University / Ethics in finance?
- 2012-2013, Yuan Ze University / Ethics in finance?
- 2012-2013, 4th International IIPPE Conference (Political Economy) / From fundamentalism to social responsibility: the Construction of Islamic finance in Western media
- 2011-2012, National Sun-Yat Sen University / When Homo Economicus meets Islamic finance
- 2011-2012, Hong Kong Baptist University / When Homo Economicus meets Islamic finance
- 2011-2012, the epistemologies of the global and international, Emerging securities research unit / Post-structural politics and alternative representations in Global finance
- 2010-2011, 2nd International conference in political economy / International Political Economy, Post-structural Politics and Islamic Finance
- 2010-2011, 4th Oxbridge Scientific Symposium / Islamic Finance in East Asia. Challenges and Prospects
- 2008-2009, 2nd Oxbridge Scientific Symposium / Financial Speculation and Gambling. Conceptual Differences?
- 2006-2007, 5th Lancaster-Aberystwyth Conference on Post-structuralist theories / Financial Discourse in Post-crisis Asia
- FANG, EDDY S. 2019, Principal Investigator, Country-of-Origin and Cross-border Firm Ownership in the Food Industry: A Study on Consumer Valuation, SIP Key Special Fund, RMB 197K
- FANG, EDDY S. 2019, Principal Investigator, Operationalising ‘Emotion Recognition Software’ (ERS) in Policy and Market Research. An Exploratory Application to Food Safety Behaviour in Suzhou, Suzhou Industrial Park/ThinkTank, RMB 252K
- FANG, EDDY S. 2018, Principal Investigator, Operationalizing Culture as a Variable in Cross-Cultural Management Modeling. An Application to Innovation Adoption within Cultural Groups, National Science Foundation of China, RMB260K
- FANG, EDDY S. 2018, Biocide Project, Horizontal funding, University of Otago (NZ), RMB75K
- FANG, EDDY S. 2017, Principal Investigator, Operationalizing Culture as a Variable in Cross-Cultural Management Modeling. An Application to Innovation Adoption within Cultural Groups, National Science Foundation of China, RMB170K
- FANG, EDDY S. 2016, Principal Investigator, The digital music market in China: Piracy, Innovation, and Consumer Behaviour, Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University Research Development Fund, RMB95K.
- GRISOLIA, JOSE & FANG, EDDY 2013, Co-Investigator, Willingness to Pay for Environmental Improvements in China, , Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University Research and Development Fund
- FANG, EDDY S. & GRISOLIA, JOSE 2013, Principal Investigator, Rational Use of Water in Suzhou - a Discrete Choice Modeling Approach, RMB 7,500, Suzhou Association for Science and Technology
- FANG, EDDY S. & Desmarchelier, Benoit 2013, Principal Investigator, Risk Perception, Trust and Food Safety Information in Suzhou (China). A Consumer Behavior Perspective, RMB 75K, Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University Research and Development Fund
- XU, JUNQIAN, FANG, EDDY & GRISOLIA, JOSE 2013, Co-Investigator, A Social Valuation of the Touristic Value of Pilgrimage Sites in China, , Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University Research and Development Fund
Professional service activities
- 2019 Journal of Business Ethics
- 2019 Journal of Business Research
- 2018 Journal of Islamic Marketing.
- 2018 British Journal of Sociology.
- 2018 Journal of Business Research.
- 2016 Cosmos + Taxis: Studies in Emergent Order and Organization.
- 2015 Journal of Islamic Marketing.
- 2015 TEDx talk.
- 2015 Accounting Forum.
- 2015 Mentor for the Business Students Association of XJTLU.
- 2014 Review of International Political Economy.
- 2014 Journal of International Trade and Economic Development.
- 2014 Mentor for the Business Students Association of XJTLU.
- 2014 Pilot implementation of online assessment platforms (APLIA) for large classrooms..
- Summer School, The New Chinese Consumer
- Executive Education, Behavioural Economics for Managers
- ECO109 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO120 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO201 History of Economic Thought
- ECO601 PhD Supervision
- MAN001 Business Essentials
- MAN212 International Development
- MAN303 Final Year Project
- MAN403 Dissertation
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK)
- Executive Member of the Chinese Academy of Management
- Member of the New Zealand - China Food Protection Network
Awards and honours
- 2018 EQUIS Champion Award, International Business School Suzhou
- 2016 Dean's Award for contribution to the School (AACSB Accreditation), International Business School Suzhou at XJTLU
- 2016 Teaching Innovation Prize, International Business School Suzhou
- 2014 Dean's award for contribution to the development of IBSS, International Business School Suzhou at XJTLU
- 2011 Fieldwork Grant 2011 Department of Politics and International Studies, University of Cambridge
- 2010 Graduate Travel Grant 2010 Downing College, University of Cambridge
- 2010 Fieldwork Grant 2010 Department of Politics and International Studies, University of Cambridge
- 2007 Fellowship and Full Ph.D. Scholarship, Belgian American Educational Foundation (BAEF) (Declined)
Telephone+86 (0)512 8818 0451
AddressXi'an Jiaotong Liverpool UniversityInternational Business School Suzhou 8, Chong Wen Road, Office: BS502
Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District
Suzhou Industrial Park