- Time: 9:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 16:00
- Date: Wednesday, 25 May 2022
- Venue: Online
- Language: English
The Library's Researcher Academy Learning Day is coming! Aiming to enhance research publishing experience for XJTLU graduate student, faculty and research staff, the event has invited premium journal editor and publishing professionals to share their advice on research writing and publishing.
Click HERE to register for the Event. The link of the sessions will be sent to you through email before the webinar begins. You could choose one or more sessions to attend. Any query or registration problem please contact Libtraining@xjtlu.edu.cn.
9:30-10:30 Melissa Wagner (IGI Global)
Ms Wagner is from the famous academic publisher IGI Global. She serves as Vice President of Editorial, overseeing all aspects of the publishing process.
Publishing Academic Publishing and Open Access: How to Get Published and Recognised
- Publishing process (journal articles, book chapters, peer-review process）
- How to publish Open Access
- Current editorial opportunities and how to apply
10:30-11:30 Marisa Ruccolo (Clarivate)
Ms Ruccolo is from Web of Science Group of Clarivate. She serves as Customer Success Architect, expert in Web of Science and experienced in lecturing.
Power Your Research Publishing with Web of Science
- Selecting research topic for academic publishing
- Finding appropriate journals to publish articles
- Strategies for maximising research impact
14:00-15:00 Huaiju Wang (Cell Press)
Dr Huaiju Wang is a Scientific Editor of Chem of Cell Press. He earned his PhD in organic chemistry, with a focus on photocatalysis, from Princeton University.
Tips on Manuscript Preparation and Submission for Scientific Research
- Manuscript preparation (before writing, how to write)
- Journey of a manuscript
- Editorial decisions and how to respond to them
15:00-16:00 Chentong Hao (Cambridge University Press)
Ms Hao works as Author Services Representative of Cambridge University Press. She delivers cross-functional projects with 10-year experience of improving author experience.
Publishing with Cambridge: Social Science Perspective
- Paper submission process
- How to select the right journal
- Academic writing
- Common mistakes while writing