- Ph.D. , Zhejiang University, 2008
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher Education，University of Liverpool, 2019
- Senior Associate Professor, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University - 2016 to Present
- Associate Professor, School of Economics and Management, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University - 2010 to 2016
- Lecturer, School of Economics and Management, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University - 2008 to 2010
- Lecturer, School of Foreign Languages, Zhejiang Agriculture and Forestry University - 1997 to 2004
- Wang, Shixiong & Song, Yu (Corresponding author) (2019). Chinese online public opinions on the two-child policy. Online Information Review, 43(3): 387-403. doi:10.1108/OIR-07-2017-0217
- Song, Yu (2017). Women’s political participation in rural China: Agency, power distribution and inheritance. Journal of China Women’s University, 29(6): 44-50. （中国农村妇女参政：能动性、权力分配与传承. 中华女子学院学报，人大复印资料2018年2月“妇女研究”全文转载
- Song, Yu (special issue guest editor) (2017). Introduction: Women and political participation in Asia. Asian Women, 33 (2): i-ii.
- Song, Yu (2016). Institutionalizing rural women's political participation in China: Reserved seats election for women. Asian Women, 32 (3): 77-99.
- Song, Yu (2015). The sexuality education and attitudes of college students in China. Health Education, 115 (1): 93-104.
- Song, Yu (2014). Losing an only child: One-child policy and elderly care in China. Reproductive Health Matters, 22(43): 113-124.
- Huang, Zuhui, Lu, Jia, Sun, Huaping, Hu, Jifei and Song, Yu (2011). Sticky factors in the industrial relocation of a cluster: A case study of Zhili children’s garments cluster in China, The Social Science Journal, 48 (3):560-565.
- Sargeson, Sally and Song, Yu (2010). Land expropriation and the gender politics of citizenship in the urban frontier. The China Journal, 64: 19-45.
- Song, Yu, Zheng Jianmin and Qian Wenrong (2009). To be, or not to be: Rural women’s migration decision, The Chinese Economy, 42(2): 63-74.
- Song, Yu (2009). Clusters of leading agricultural enterprises and rural urbanization. Rural Economy, 7: 40-42.
- Huang, Zuhui and Song, Yu (2008). Determinants of rural women’s migration in the Yangtze Delta. Journal of Southwest Agriculture and Forestry University, 8(1): 89-92.
- Zheng, Jianmin and Song, Yu (2006). An empirical study of promoting rural urbanization by agricultural industrialization. Rural Economy, 12: 50-52.
- Huang, Zuhui, Wang, Min and Song, Yu (2005). Income gap among rural residents, Management World, 3:75-84.
- Huang, Zuhui and Song, Yu (2005). Investigation and analysis of employment of female labour migrants: A case study of Hangzhou. China Rural Economy, 9: 33-41.
Books, monographs, compilations and manuals
- Song, Yu 2014 农村女性劳动力流动及影响因素研究----以长江三角洲为例, 上海交通大学出版社,
Chapters, cases, readings and supplements
- Song, Yu 2016, 'Women's social mobility in China: Marriage and class' in (eds) Handbook of Class and Social Stratification in China, Edward Elgar, pp.
- Sargeson, Sally & Song, Yu 2011, 'Gender, citizenship and agency in land development' in (eds) Women, Gender and Rural Development in China, Edward Elgar, pp.
Telephone+86 (0)512 +86 512 81884733
Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District
Suzhou Industrial Park