- Date: 14-15 November 2022
- Time: 9:00 - 17:00
- Venue: XJTLU International Conference Centre
Recently, the digitalization of higher education in China has achieved initial progress, and the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the development of education digitalization. With the release of strategic and policy documents such as New-generation Artificial Intelligence Development Plan, China’s Education Modernization 2035, and Educational Informatization 2.0 Action Plan, etc., and the 2022 work plan of the Ministry of Education, the strategic action of education digitalization has become one of the important goals of China’s education transformation and upgrading.
What are the goals of education digitalization transformation?
At present, the proportion of blended teaching adopted by Chinese university teachers has increased from 34.8% before the pandemic to 84.2%, and a whole set of digital development plans for higher education with Chinese characteristics has basically formed, including concept, technology, standard, method and evaluation, etc. However, at the same time, it is still urgent to discuss and solve how to tackle the challenges during the digital transformation of education. Digital intelligence will become an important approach to break the data barriers and provide the basis for decision-making. With the upgrading and iteration of digital education technology, the emergence of digital education platforms and the promotion empowered by artificial intelligence (AI) technology, the future transformation of education from digitalization to digital intelligence has begun. Meanwhile, creating a panoramic ecology of lifelong education driven by technology will also become one of the crucial issues for the future development of education.
Founded in 2006, in Suzhou of China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is one of the first Sino-foreign cooperative universities approved by China’s Ministry of Education, as a new international university of independent legal entity highlighting distinctive features. It has been widely acclaimed by the public as “a benchmark of Sino-foreign cooperative universities” and “a pioneer of China’s higher education reform” for its unique educational philosophy and high-quality talent training.
XJTLU Learning Mall acts as an innovation, R&D and entrepreneurship hub as well as a centre for knowledge exchange, school-enterprise cooperation and further education. It promotes the concept of lifelong learning and the exploration and implementation of university education innovation strategies. Based on years of educational practice and technical experience of XJTLU, Learning Mall provides a digital management system including classroom, online, online and offline blended teaching and learning within the scope of degree education for XJTLU students and faculty. It also creates an interest-drive, learning, innovation and entrepreneurship support platform featuring cross-region, cross-age and cross-education-background by introducing global high-quality educational resources and integrating online and offline space and resources in depth.
In order to respond to the strategic action of education digitization and discuss the education digital intelligence transformation and the development and construction of education ecology, XJTLU invites experts and scholars in the field of education technology, teachers and the technical backbone in the field of educational information from various institutions, enterprise representatives in the leading industries of education digital intelligence, and like-minded individuals from all walks of life interested in education digital intelligence transformation to discuss, exchange, and share the cases, experiences, technologies and cutting-edge exploration related to the university education digital intelligence transformation and the construction of education ecology.
The Education Digital Intelligence Transformation and Development Summit Forum is hosted by XJTLU annually. The theme of this forum is “Digital Intelligence Leads the Future, Technology Empowers the Education”. The forum aims to exchange and discuss the higher education digital intelligence transformation, the construction of digital intelligence campuses, the creation and development of future education ecology, and the development of higher education empowered by education technology.
9:00-17:00, 13 November 2022, XJTLU International Conference Centre
8:30-9:00 Sign in
Opening Ceremony· Leaders Addressing
9:00-9:05 Opening speech: Professor Qiuling Chao, Vice-President of XJTLU
9:05-9:10 Leader’s addressing
Keynote Speech at the Education Digital Intelligence Transformation and Development Summit Forum
9:10-9:40 The Cultivation and Development of Education Ecology in the Era of Digital Intelligence, by Professor Youmin Xi, Executive President of XJTLU
9:40-10:00 Photography and Tea Break
Theme: The Development of Higher Education in the Era of Digital Intelligence
MC: Professor Rong Wang, Head of the Department of Educational Studies, XJTLU
- 40 Years since Reform and Opening up: Development and Prospect of China's Educational Informatization Policy, by Professor Yichun Zhang, Doctoral Supervisor of Nanjing Normal University, Vice Chairman and Secretary General of Jiangsu Institute of Higher Education Informatization
- Transformation and Reconstruction of Teaching Paradigm Driven by 5G+ Smart Education, by Professor Mingxuan Chen, Jiangnan University, Director of Jiangsu "Internet + Education" Research Base
- IIOE Global Initiative and Digital Teaching Competency Cultivation for Higher Education Institutes, by Dr Yinjuan Shao, Senior Expert from Institute for Higher Education Digital Transformation, UNESCO International Centre for Higher Education Innovation
- Constructing the Education Ecosystem of New Research-Oriented Universities, by Dr Jinyuan Ma, Researcher from the Institute for Educational Innovation and Practice, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou)
- Cross-Cultural Communication Courses Based on XJTLU Learning Mall in the Context of COVID-19, by Dr Qian Wang, Department of Educational Studies, Academy of Future Education, XJTLU
- XJTLU Learning Mall Collaborative Course Design and Development Framework, by Jing Wang, Deputy Director of XJTLU Learning Mall
- Plan of XJTLU Learning Mall Partner Exhibition Space, by Zhiqin Yang, Business and Product Manager of XJTLU Learning Mall
Theme: Frontiers of Education Technology and Informatization
MC: Professor Lianrong Zhong, Director of Cybersecurity and Information Technology Centre, Peking University Health Science Centre; Chairman of the 7th Council of China Higher Education Informatization Academy, China Association of Higher Education
- How to Promote the Transformation of Higher Education Teaching Practices through the Digital Transformation of Education, by Professor Fuke Shen, School of Computer Science and Technology of East China Normal University
- Digital Transformation Encourages Universities to Remain True to Original Educational Intentions, by Qing Zhang, Director of the Office of Data and Information Management, Soochow University
- Empowering Digital Learning in UNNC, by Chunmei Yan, Chief Librarian of the Library, Director of the Department of Educational Information and Technology, University of Nottingham Ningbo China
- Cybersecurity Challenges Confronted by Colleges and Universities during Digital Transformation, by Kaida Jiang, Deputy Director of Informatization Promotion Office, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
14:40-15:00 Tea Break
15:00-15:20 Apple Boosts Higher Education, by Principal in Charge of Education Development at Apple China
15:20-15:40 Microsoft Boosts Digital Intelligence Transformation of Higher Education, by Zhenning Yao, Alliance Director of Education Innovation, Microsoft China
15:00-16:30 Sharing Session: Industry Frontiers
16:30-17:30 Campus tour and the Education Digital Intelligence Transformation and Development Summit Forum Themed Exhibition
17:30-20:00 Summit Forum Banquet
9:00-10:30 Transfer to Taicang Venue via bus
Theme: Co-construct a New Education Ecology in the Era of Digital Intelligence
MC: Professor Yiran Gu, Director of Office of Informatization Construction and Management, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- From Supporting Measures to Driving Impetus: XJTLU Philosophy and Practice in Education Digital Intelligence, by Dr Xin Bi, Director of Knowledge and Information Centre, XJTLU, Director of XJTLU Learning Mall
- Application and Reflection of Information-based Teaching Platform, by Professor Qizhi Fang, Director of Academic Affairs and Director of General Education Center, Ocean University of China
- Development of Online Courses and Outlook into Future University, by Professor Guohua Fu, Vice President of Hainan University, T2 Professor, Person in Charge of Business Administration Doctoral Program, and Expert with Special Allowances from the State Council
- XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang) Themed Speech, by Professor Stuart Perrin, Associate Principal of XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang)
13:30-14:30 Workshop on Technology Innovation and Application in Education MC: Zhefei Zhu, Technical R&D Manager of XJTLU Learning Mall
Speakers: Yezi Yang, Yexiang Wu, Bowen Zhang, Ran Li, and Ping Zhang; from XJTLU Learning Mall
14:30-16:00 Sharing Session: Industry Frontiers:
- China Telecom Empowers the Transformation and Development of Higher Education Towards Digital Intelligence, by Tiansheng Zhao, Vice President of Education Industry Division at China Telecom Group
- Sugon Sharing
- McGraw Hill Sharing
16:00-17:00 XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang) Campus Tour
17:00-18:20 The close of Forum; return to Suzhou
Tentative agenda, subject to the final confirmation.
Please visit https://premium.learningmall.cn/page/forum1st for online registration. For group registration, please contact the conference management team.
- 0512-81884659 (Ms Yuan)
- 0512-85186427 (Ms Zhu)
- 0512-88166542 (Ms Xu)
- 0512-88970380 (Ms Yu)
XJTLU Registration: All the seats reserved for XJTLU staff and students are fully booked. The live broadcast link will be released through UC. Many thanks for your attention and support.
Prepayment: RMB 880/Person
Onsite payment: RMB 980/Person
The fees will include:
- Onsite participation in all activities of the Forum
- 1 onsite seat
- XJTLU campus tour
- Visit to the theme exhibition of Education Digital Intelligence Transformation and Development Summit
- Access to speech recordings (keynote speeches and thematic speeches)
- Learning Mall Premium course voucher (worth RMB 100)
- Lunch and dinner of 14 November and lunch of 15 November
- Round-trip transportation from Suzhou to Taicang on 15 November
*Breakfast, accommodation, and other transportation fees are not included.
*If the invoice is required, please kindly find your order and apply after the Forum closes (15 November). The invoicer is XJTLU Education Innovation (Suzhou) Information Technology Co., LTD.
Covid-19 Control and Prevention Requirements
- Participants should learn about the requirements of their local area and the city where the forum is held (Suzhou) and meet the requirements in order to register for the conference (subject to the available time of the forum).
- Participants must cooperate with the local pandemic prevention requirements of the forum and the organizing committee.
- If the forum time is changed due to the pandemic, the organizing committee will notify participants in advance as soon as possible, and participants are responsible for the refund of transportation and accommodation expenses.