Much has been said about the importance of cultivating a passion for lifelong learning, and the effect it has on our lives. But what, exactly, is it?
This is a question that was posed to a group of experts across Schools and departments at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University. Their responses show us that while there may not be one standard definition, most can agree that lifelong learning is essential to self-improvement and the future.
Or, as Professor Roberto Dona, Associate Dean of Professional Engagement, IBSS, succinctly puts it: “Lifelong learning is life.”
Check out the video, from the XJTLU Learning Mall team, below:
Thanks to the following people for their comments and expertise:
• Professor Youmin Xi, Executive President of XJTLU
• Professor Stuart Perrin, Associate Principal of XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang)
• Dr Bill Boland, Director of XJTLU Learning Mall
• Professor Qiuling Chao, Vice President of XJTLU
• Roland Sherwood, Manager of Educational Development Unit
• Dr Xiaojun Zhang, Dean of ILEAD
• Professor Chris Harris, Vice President of Academic Affairs
• Dr Xin Bi, Director of Centre for Knowledge and Information
• Professor Roberto Dona, Associate Dean of Professional Engagement, IBSS
• Professor Gisela Löhlein, Head of Department of Architecture and Design
• Charlie Reis, Educational Developer at Educational Development Unit
By Patricia Pieterse
For more information please contact...
NameUniversity Marketing and Communications