- Date: April 21 (Wednesday), 2021
- Time: 11:30-12:30 (lunch)
- Venue: On-site & Zhumu Meeting
- RSVP: April 9 by 17:00 Beijing Time
(Light lunch will be offered on-site: seating limitation: 30)
- Pre-registration with a Need Survey is Required via QR code
(Zhumu Access & Room Location will send via email)
What Will the Seminar Cover?
Why are my online students not seem to be engaged? Is there a process or model that can guide my online course design? How do I prepare my students to be more ready for online learning? How to build an online learning community? If any of your answers to these questions is yes, please join us in this workshop.
Online teaching follows many of the same methods and philosophies as traditional, in-person courses. However, online teaching has more of a learner-centered paradigm which, when successful, yields highly active student interaction and engagement. Your role as an instructor shifts from being “a sage on the stage” to “a guide on the side” by facilitating student learning rather than just delivering instruction.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
● Explain and use a research based design model to guide your online course design process
● Apply practical teaching strategies to engage learners in your synchronous online courses
● Use the tips and tricks to prepare your students for a successful online learning experience
Who Should Attend?
This seminar targets: all XJTLU staff who are interested in online teaching & learning; PhD students are welcome!
Comments & Inquiries:
Interested in participating in ILEAD’s Research Development activities and/or collaborate in research? Please make inquires to Dr Sarah Wang (Director of Research) at email@example.com.
- Light lunch will be provided for people who pre-register to attend on-site; seating limitation: 30.
- Organizer will send pre-registered participant a need assessment survey.
Jiao Zou is a Senior Learning Designer at Workday. In 2020, she was recognized as a member of “30 Under 30 of Learning” in the US Prior to Workday, she designed learner-centered and results-driven online learning solutions for renowned organizations such as Facebook, the United Nations, New York University, and Udemy. Jiao has a master’s degree in Instructional Technology and Media from Columbia University. She is passionate about designing meaningful and engaging learning experiences that empower people.