XJTLU’s information system architecture is divided into four operation service system layers: infrastructure, business middle platform/data middle platform, application layer, and unified portal. Salinizing some data assets provides a complete data foundation for data lifecycle management and visualization.
To realize the entire life cycle management and unified service of data and maximize the value of data assets, XJTLU started to carry out a series of data management work concerning the national DCMM standard in 2020, aiming to improve its data management capabilities further and focus on solving data quality, data security, data integration and sharing, and data visualization capabilities.
In the context of global informatization, the realization of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University’s educational vision and goals is inseparable from the support of information systems, and the core asset of information systems is data. In terms of data management, XJTLU aims to:
1. Let the data run more, and let teachers and students run fewer errands
2. Realize the reform of the teaching mode
3. Data optimization operation, efficiency increase, and cost reduction
4. Data Security
- The XJTLU data management specification has been formulated to guide all departments to do an excellent job in data management;
- Established a complete school-level data management platform and middle data platform to empower data management;
- Constructed and promoted a unified reporting platform and visualization requirements at the school level;
- Realized data-driven decision-making by multiple departments to increase efficiency and reduce costs;
- Improved teachers’ and students’ data management skills and literacy through DCMM-related publicity and training.
To realize the entire life cycle management and unified service of data and maximize the value of data assets, XJTLU has launched a series of data management work adhering to the national DCMM standard since 2019. In 2022, MITS applied for the DCMM standard implementation assessment in Jiangsu Province, becoming the first university in China to pass the DCMM Level 3 (stable) standard. Implementing this standard has improved the school’s data management capabilities and helped solve problems in data quality, data security, data integration and sharing, and data visualization.